Tooth and Claw 2

A deep guttural growl began to build in the man's chest and Teresa pulled Rose back with her as she yelled: "Don't look at it!" Rose jumped back quickly, understanding and calling urgently: "All of you! Stop looking at it!" Teresa had turned to Flora and she said anxiously: "Flora, don't look." The maid was looking terrified but Teresa met her eyes and murmured: "Trust me."

Flora nodded, as Rose yelled at all of them: "Grab hold of the chain and pull! Come on! With me! Pull!" Very few people had joined, too horrified as the man began to transform and a terrible growling filled the cellar.

"Listen to us! Hurry and pull!" Teresa urged, grabbing each person and forcing them to meet her eyes. They saw the determination firing up inside the girl and nodded, moving to help as Rose joined Teresa and yelled: "I said pull! Stop your whining and listen to me! All of you!"

Most of the staff moved, and Rose added: "And that means you, your Ladyship. Now come on, pull!" Lady Isobel rose at last, and they all tugged on the heavy chain desperately, trying to pull it free of the wall. "Pull!" Teresa yelled, just as a horrific scream came from the wolf as the man continued to transform.

"One, two, three, pull!" Rose yelled and they all hauled on the chain as the man became more like the wolf, the transformation almost complete. Rose screamed desperately: "One, two, three, pull!" They all hauled as one as the cellar filled with animalistic snarls.

Lady Isobel whimpered and Teresa glanced over to see the transformation complete, and Rose yelled: "One, two, three, pull!" They all gave another mighty heave, and the chain broke off the wall. The whole group fell back as the resistance fell and Teresa yelled: "Everybody out!"

She quickly gathered them up to their feet, just as the cellar doors were kicked open and the Doctor ran in, followed closely by Sir Robert. "Terry!" He yelled as he did, and Rose shouted at him furiously: "Where the hell have you been?"

The Doctor didn't answer as he heard the menacing growls and turned to see the werewolf inside the cage. Teresa was hurrying everyone to the doors as the chains freed their movements. Sir Robert helped her, urging everyone out as the Doctor murmured, staring at the werewolf in awe: "Oh, that's beautiful."

"Is this the time?" Teresa yelled at him as the wolf began to break out of its cage. The Doctor quickly turned to them, helping to gather the last of the group out as he yelled: "Out! Out!" Teresa and Rose pushed the last of the people out before Teresa pushed Rose out as well.

She then turned to grab the Doctor's arm as he stared at the wolf in wonder. He ducked as the wolf threw a piece of the cage in his direction, before Teresa pulled him out of the way and out with her into the hallway. The Doctor quickly shut the door behind them and soniced it lock before he grabbed her hand so they could run after the others.

"Did you really have to stand and admire it?" Teresa yelled at him as they ran and he shouted back defensively: "It was very beautiful, I couldn't help it!" "I know, but you also could've been killed!" She pointed out as they ran into the gunroom. He turned and soniced her manacles off as he muttered: "Right. Sorry."

The Steward was handing out guns, ordering his men and the Lady Isobel to take the women to hide safely in the kitchens. Teresa dragged the Doctor over to free Rose, and he quickly soniced the girl's manacles as well as Rose glared at him.

"Is it a real werewolf?" She asked at last, and the Doctor replied tensely: "It could be any form of light modulated species triggered by specific wavelengths. Did it say what it wanted?" Teresa nodded as Rose replied: "The Queen, the Crown, the throne - you name it."

There was a loud crash from down the corridor, and they all turned to the sound in alarm. The Doctor walked out quickly to check, motioning for everyone else to stay back. Teresa grabbed Rose, knowing what was coming, and dragged her friend back behind the line of men as they stood ready with their guns.