Utopia 2

The old man led them into a laboratory where a woman with a blue insectide face said enthusiastically: "Chan welcome tho."

The old man just pulled the Doctor through and showed him a machine, getting straight to business as he explained: " Now, this is the gravitissimal accelerator. It's past its best but it works."

As the rest of the group stepped inside after the Doctor, the insectide woman greeted warmly: "Chan welcome tho."

Teresa smiled at the woman, who was absolutely adorable with her soft voice and smile, despite her strange appearance. Though, Teresa had seen stranger, and really this alien was much more endearing. The old man dashed over to a computer while the Doctor pulled out his glasses as he looked around with a frown.

"And over here is the footprint impellor system." The old man was saying. "Now, do you know anything about endtime gravity..."

The Doctor walked after the old man, examining at the machines while the others stayed by the door, Martha smiling at the woman as she asked: "Hello. Who are you?"

The woman looked delighted to be having a conversation and she answered happily: "Chan Chantho tho."

Teresa smiled back in greeting, while Jack grinned charmingly as he introduced: "Captain Jack Harkness."

"Stop it." The Doctor called from where he was examining the machines and Martha crossed her arms amusedly while Jack retorted: "Can't I say hello to anyone?"

Teresa giggled while Chantho replied earnestly: "Chan I do not protest tho."

"Maybe later, Blue." Jack promised with a smile. He winked and the woman almost blushed and Teresa laughed at them.

Jack quickly returned to business, asking as he walked into the lab: "So, what have we got here?"

Jack dropped his backpack onto the floor as Teresa and Martha joined him, while the Doctor was asking the old man: "And all this feeds into the rocket?"

"Yeah," the man replied, "except without a stable footprint, you see, we're unable to achieve escape velocity."

The Doctor examined the computers while the old man said in exasperation: "If only we could harmonise the five impact patterns and unify them, well, we might yet make it."

He turned back to the Doctor as he pleaded: "What do you think, Doctor? Any ideas?"

Teresa looked up from where she and Jack had been looking around in a corner as the Doctor began confidently: "Well, er," he started to turn on the spot as he looked around at the machines.

"Basically," the Doctor continued. Teresa and Jack walked over to them as the old man watched the Doctor with eyes shining expectantly.

"Sort of..." the Doctor went on and Teresa raised a brow.

"You don't know, do you?" She asked and he admitted: "Not a clue. Sorry." He added as he turned back to the old man.

The old man gaped and asked incredulously: "Nothing?"

The Doctor shrugged as he explained: "I'm not from around these parts. I've never seen a system like it."

The old man had turned away sadly and the Doctor repeated apologetically: "Sorry."

"No, no. I'm sorry." The old man replied, sighing. "It's my fault. There's been so little help."

Suddenly Martha said disgustedly from the corner where Teresa and Jack had left her: "Oh, my God."

They looked over to see Martha had pulled out a transparent cylinder that held a hand preserved in clear liquid. She placed it on a nearby table as the group walked over, and Martha said to Jack, horrified: "You've got a hand?"