Empty Child

Teresa actually managed to spend some time with Amy and Rory after Venice, before she was whisked into Ten's timeline for a while. She was now used to the whole jumping around, although she noticed she never seemed to return to Nine's timeline. But of course, the time came when she did.

Teresa had just counted a little over one hundred days since she'd first started travelling this universe when she met Nine once more. She'd honestly been dreading meeting him again- given how they'd parted the last time- but when she landed, Teresa realized things could be worse than she'd been anticipating.

For starters, she was once again in her sleepwear and dressing gown, although she'd had the foresight to wear flats to the bathroom this time. After the incident in '42', she always made sure to wear proper shoes at all times unless she was in bed and sleeping.

And secondly, she'd appeared in a corridor somewhere she didn't recognise. She could only tell that it seemed abandoned and the building was very old, with cracks marring some of the paintwork, but when travelling with the Doctor this was rather normal.

But she really realized how bad the situation was when Rose turned the corner, making Teresa yelp in surprise as Rose shrieked.

"Terry! You scared me." Rose breathed, holding a hand to her chest.

"I scared you? You-" Teresa broke off as she noticed the tall, incredibly handsome and incredibly familiar man in a military uniform standing beside Rose. The man had been staring at her appreciatively, eyeing her exposed legs, and as she blinked in surprise he grinned at her.

"Hello." He said flirtatiously. "I'm-"

"Jack Harkness." Teresa finished, almost amused as his eyes blatantly wandered up her body. Under different circumstances, she'd be excited to see him, and meet him officially for the first time. But she knew this episode, and Rose's large Union Flag shirt only confirmed her guess. And it terrified her because, honestly, the child terrified her.

Jack meanwhile blinked and then raised a brow. "Well now, how do you know my name? I'm pretty sure we haven't met, I think I'd remember a beauty like you." Jack flirted and Teresa had to roll her eyes.

But she answered simply: "Time traveller. We don't always meet in the right order."

The handsome American lifted his other brow as he asked: "Oh? You're also a Time Agent?"

"I know Rose, don't I?" Teresa pointed out, not quite answering the question.

But Jack seemed satisfied as he nodded. He added: "But I still haven't learnt your name."

Teresa suppressed a laugh as Jack winked and prompted: "It seems rather unfair when you know mine."

"Mm, if you'd been listening, Rose did say it." Teresa replied lightly and Jack smiled.

"Terry...?" He trailed off suggestively and Teresa chuckled.

"Storm." Teresa told him, and he grinned.

"Mm, fierce name for such a sweet lady." He flirted and Teresa had to laugh, although she shook her head at his horribly corny lines. They were still standing there grinning when the door at the other end of the corridor opened.

Teresa glanced back and immediately tensed as Nine walked out. Rose grinned, brightening immediately, as Jack called enthusiastically: "Good evening."

He held out his hand to shake the Doctor's as the Time Lord walked down towards them. The Doctor spotted Teresa as well and he looked surprised, but Teresa was glad to see he didn't look like he hated her anymore.

Jack added as the Doctor shook his hand: "Hope we're not interrupting. Jack Harkness. I've been hearing all about you on the way over.

Rose chimed in quickly: "He knows. I had to tell him about us being Time Agents." She said meaningfully and the Doctor immediately understood.