The Snowmen 2

"Body frozen in a pond." The Doctor murmured thoughtfully as he soniced the frozen pond outside the Darkover house. He was back in his purple outfit, complete with top hat, but Teresa was most pleased when she glanced at his collar.

He read the readings on the sonic as he paced around the edge of the pond, murmuring: "The snow gets a good long look at a human being, like a full body scan. Everything they need to evolve."

The Doctor pocketed his sonic as he stopped beside Teresa once more, still staring down into the snow-covered ice as he finished thoughtfully: "'Pond'."

"Clever choice, Clara." Teresa commented and the Doctor glanced at her with a raised brow.

"What?" Teresa asked innocently, and the Doctor said with his brow still lifted: "You like her already."

"You jealous?" Teresa teased, and the Doctor rolled his eyes. He paused as they heard a sound behind them, and they turned to see Strax arrive behind them, the Sontaran carrying a large alien gun.

"Strax!" Teresa greeted delightedly while the Doctor demanded: "What are you doing here?"

"Good evening, Madame." Strax greeted Teresa, amusing her since he managed to at least get her gender correct, before he said to the Doctor: "Madame Vastra wondered if you were needing any grenades?"

Teresa giggled while the Doctor repeated skeptically: "Grenades?"

Strax blinked, his eyes shifting uncertainly, before he corrected: "She might have said 'help'."

He smiled toothily, proud to have remembered correctly as Teresa chuckled. The smile dropped, however, when the Doctor demanded: "Help for what?"

"Well," Strax pointed out in confusion, "your investigation."

"'Investigation'?" The Doctor repeated indignantly. "Who says I'm investigating? Do you think I'm going to start investigating just because my angel comes back to me?"

Teresa frowned at that, thinking, but the Doctor didn't notice as he pointed at Strax, scoffing: "Who do you think I am?"

The Doctor turned back to the pond while Teresa tried to think what the original line was supposed to be- because she was pretty sure it wasn't about 'his angel'- but snorted as Strax deadpanned: "Sherlock Holmes."

Teresa laughed while the Doctor turned back around, pointing his finger at Strax as he tried to think of a comeback to that. The Doctor stepped off the pond edge, getting right in Strax's face as he snapped: "Don't be clever, Strax, it doesn't suit you."

"Sorry, sir." Strax mumbled apologetically, but the Doctor continued sharply: "I'm the clever one, you're the potato one."

"Oi!" Teresa said as she smacked the Doctor over the head. "Rude!"

"Oh, you always take his side." The Doctor grumbled as he turned back to Teresa.

"I like Madame." Strax grinned, and Teresa laughed while the Doctor turned back to Strax, exclaiming: "She's mine!"

Teresa raised a brow while the Doctor ordered: "Now, go away, Strax."

"Yes, Mr. Holmes." Strax answered with a snigger, making Teresa chuckle while the Doctor yelled after the retreating Sontaran: "Oi! Shut up. You're not clever or funny and you've got tiny little legs! Ow!"

He winced as he rubbed his arm, while Teresa said firmly: "Being rude again."

"Being violent again." The Doctor returned.

"And since when did you own me?" Teresa went on teasingly, ignoring him. He blinked as though taken aback, while Teresa waited with raised brows and folded arms. The Doctor mouthed without making sounds, his mind racing to try and find an explanation, but he was saved from one as a light suddenly fell on the pair.