Silence in the Library

Teresa blinked as she looked around. Thankfully, this time she'd actually been awake and properly dressed in a skirt and jumper when she jumped. Unfortunately, she had been cooking lunch, which meant one, she was hungry when she landed and two, the Doctor was in for a lovely surprise as the stove burnt the egg she'd been frying. Unless Sexy was a dear, and switched it off for her.

Teresa now looked around to see she was in what appeared to be a giant library, and she caught sight of the Doctor and Donna a few steps below her, their backs turned to her as the Doctor was saying cheerfully: "You don't want to read ahead. Spoil all the surprises. Like peeking at the end."

"Isn't travelling with you one big spoiler?" Donna pointed out and the Doctor muttered: "I try to keep you away from major plot developments. Which, to be honest, I seem to be very bad at-"

"You are." Teresa said cheekily as she walked down to the pair.

They turned and it was quite comical how both their expressions lit up in the same way.

"Terry!" They both cried happily and she laughed. Donna ran up first, grabbing the girl in a hug while the Doctor pouted, making Teresa laugh harder.

"Lovely to see you again, Donna." Teresa said cheerfully and the redhead beamed as she said: "Look at you! You look so young!"

Teresa chuckled as she walked down to hug the Doctor, saying lightly: "I take it you've been with my future self recently?"

"Yes, your brunette self was around for a while actually." Donna said blithely and Teresa mused: "You know, I never did figure it out. Why would I dye my hair brown of all colours?"

She turned to the Doctor expectantly and was surprised to see him look a little uncomfortable.

"Er, spoilers actually. And hello, by the way." He told her and she wrinkled her nose.

"Oh, fine, be that way. And yes, hello." She grumbled and Donna chuckled.

She patted the girl on the head as she said kindly: "Don't worry, one day you'll be the one who knows everything and is having to hide the future from his past selves."

"I'm already doing that somewhat." Teresa pointed out and Donna chuckled as she said a little mysteriously: "Yes, but you don't know where your place in that is. It'll be tougher for you in your future to keep it quiet, I'll tell you that much."

"Donna." The Doctor warned, and the woman just smiled good-naturedly while Teresa shrugged and commented: "So, going back to before I interrupted."

She leaned on the balcony, looking out into the whole city that was The Library.

"Doctor." She prompted and he grinned.

He began: "This is the biggest library in the universe." Donna nodded, not understanding, and the Doctor pointed out: "So where is everyone?"

Donna realized too as she stared out at the completely empty city.

"It's silent." The Doctor murmured before moving to sonic a nearby information screen while Donna asked skeptically: "The library?"

"The planet. The whole planet." The Doctor corrected as he read the screen.

Donna looked around and suggested: "Maybe it's a Sunday."

Teresa chuckled as the Doctor replied promptly: "No, I never land on Sundays. Sundays are boring."

Donna looked at him in disbelief, then at Teresa who just shook her head with an amused expression. Donna rolled her eyes and suggested: "Well, maybe everyone's really, really quiet."