Keep Going - Even When You Fail

The ground started shaking. Izuku quickly looked in the direction where all the noise came from. What he saw, terrified him. A giant robot with a 0 painted on its chest was currently making its way through the replica city. Everything in its path. Destroyed.

He was about to run away and try and get at least one point when suddenly a blue-haired boy ran past him and toward the robot. Izuku looked to where he was headed. He saw the brown-haired girl that stopped his fall lay on the ground, trapped under some rubble as the 0-pointer was about to crush her with its foot.

Izuku could only spectate as he saw the boy able to reach the girl and lift the rubble off her before sprinting back toward the exit with the girl in his arms.

Izuku wasn't completely sure, but he felt that the girl looked at him with pity while the boy was a bit disgusted.

After they ran past him, a loud voice said that the exam was over and that everyone was recommended to make their way back home and wait for the results.

Izuku could only walk in shame as he thought of all the time and effort that All Might had wasted on him, "training to become a hero". Yeah, like that was ever going to happen now.

When Izuku got home, he ate his dinner in silence before taking a quick shower and immediately going to bed afterward.

-

It has been a few days since the entrance exam. Izuku's mom barged inside his room, ecstatic over a letter from UA. He could only fake a smile to reassure her that he was okay. He was very good at fake smiles.

Izuku sat there looking at the letter for who knows how long until he finally decided to open it. He tore it open, ripping it in two as a small disk fell out of it.

Suddenly, the disk activated and showed a hologram of All Might standing in front of a very obvious green-screen.

"IZUKU MIDORIYA, FIRST OFF, I AM SORRY." All Might started with his booming voice as Izuku could already feel the tears swell up.

"WE TRAINED SO HARD AND YOU DEVELOPED SO WELL, BUT YOU WERE STILL UNABLE TO GET A SINGLE POINT IN THE PRACTICAL EXAM." 'Stop it. I know!' Izuku had now already started his fountain of tears.

"YOU KNOW, THIS IS ALSO MY FAULT. I TRAINED YOU, BUT NOT IN THE RIGHT WAY." 'Don't say that, All Might! You did so much... it was my fault!'

"I HOPE YOU CAN FORGIVE ME. I CRUSHED YOUR DREAMS, THEN BROUGHT THEM BACK, ONLY TO CRUSH THEM ONCE MORE." 'Stop it! We both know who's at fault. Just... leave it be...'

"YOU KNOW, I HAD GREAT HOPES FOR YOU, YOUNG MIDORIYA. YOU REMINDED ME OF MYSELF." 'And I still failed!'

"THAT'S WHY I DID IT. THAT'S WHY I BELIEVE YOU CAN STILL BE GREAT, YOUNG MIDORIYA." 'How? I disappointed everyone. How can I be great!?'

"I'M GOING TO SAY THIS ONE MORE TIME. YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES... YOU CAN BECOME A HERO... IT JUST DEPENDS ON HOW YOU MAKE THAT HAPPEN... DON'T GIVE UP JUST YET... YOU CAN STILL BECOME A HERO." 'All Might! I will do everything I can. I will make you proud. No matter who I am a hero too. I will become a hero...

- - -

A/N: Okay start, don't you think. Honestly, this was quite small as I just wanted to get this out of the way and start with the real story next chapter. This is like an origin chapter for our badass vigilante Izuku fanfic.