Battle Of The Vigilantes

"Patch"

"I'm honored you know me, Stain. Although I respect you, I don't agree with how you're doing what you do. No matter how you look at it, killing is wrong. And that's why I'll have to hand you in." Patch took a stance as Stain lifted up his sword.

"I would like to see you try!" Stain charged at Patch and sliced his sword at him. Patch dodged and sent a counter toward Stain's face. Stain took out a hidden knife and Patch was forced to evade it.

Patch stood up from his retreat, looking at Stain with anger in his eyes. Stain just smiled a wicked smile as he let down his guard. "Do you really want to fight me, hero?" Stain asked.

"You've said it yourself. I wouldn't be a true hero if I didn't." Patch smirked at Stain as he smirked back. Then, Stain charged again as Patch returned the attack. Patch sent a fist to the face but Stain managed to dodge it.

Stain sent a knife up at Patch's abdomen and it graced his stomach. Patch winced a little from the pain but stood his ground as the two got a little space between them once more. Stain's knife was in the air and blood was seen from the blade. Stain looked at it amused and ran toward it, clear in what his goal was.

"You have to get it before him!" Iida yelled from his laying position behind Patch as he knew what would happen if Stain tasted some of Patch's blood. Patch didn't question the hero in training and instead ran toward the knife as well, using a maximum 17% of OFA. With the boosted speed, Patch caught up with the headstart that Stain got and managed to grab the knife just before his enemy.

Stain looked saddened by the fact that his plan didn't work, but he had no idea what was about to come. Patch's eyes shone red and he swung the hand with a knife down on Stain. The knife sliced Stain's upper right arm before both of them landed on the ground.

Stain held his right arm tightly to try and suppress the blood and put pressure on the wound. Patch looked at Stain with disgust before he threw the knife at him, making Stain dodge and leave himself open. Patch was not going to wait until heroes came and ruined his moment.

Patch ran at Stain and kicked him in the thigh, making Stain drop to his knee. Patch stood over him menacingly as Stain only smirked from their position and how this battle had gone.

"You know, Stain... It didn't have to be like this. If you hadn't gone around and killed people, then maybe I would be more forgiving." Stain looked up at Patch as he spoke down on the beaten vigilante.

Stain suddenly started laughing, slowly making it higher and higher, scaring the three paralyzed people and making Patch flinch. "You may be right about some things... Patch... But my ideals are not far from yours... You want to fix the world. I want to heal it by sacrifice..." Stain slowly stands up and Patch backs off. The immense blood lust emanating from Stain was something he'd never felt before. Not even Overhaul had such malicious intent.

"I must make things right..." Stain's eyes started glowing a bright red as he took a heavy step toward Patch, who stepped back in fear. "Someone must be dyed in blood..." Stain lifted his hand and a knife could be seen in it. He had a wicked smile and crazed eyes as the area around them started to get darker but the red became brighter.

"I must take back what it means to be a hero!"

Stain rushed at Patch and sliced at his head. Patch was so frozen in fear and shock that he was unable to dodge. The knife cut over his eye but Patch closed it in time. A huge cut could be seen over Patch's left eye as he quickly put his hand over it to comfort the bleeding and stop the pain.

Stain looked amused by the situation as he had his body turned away from Patch. He licked the knife and consumed Patch's blood, making the heroic vigilante fall to the ground. Stain slowly turned around toward Patch, shutting out the other three victims from his mind at the moment. It was just him and Patch. And he was winning.