Patch

Izuku made it back at home. This time, he came straight home instead of training. Today was a Friday and the last day of school before the weekend. He had plenty of time to get ready for his first patrol.

The first thing he did when he came back home was to greet his mother. She was visibly relieved that he hadn't been out late again. "Hey, mom! I'm home." He took off his shoes and placed them in the shoe rack. She came toward him and enveloped him in a hug. "Please, Izuku. Come home earlier from now on." Izuku was a bit surprised that she cared so deeply for him. He returned the hug and replied, "Okay, mom. I promise." They then stood there. Enjoying each other's company before they parted from the hug.

Izuku proceeded to remove his jacket and then went upstairs to get to work. He decided that he had to make some kind of suit or costume that would cover his face to not be recognized. He looked at his clothes to try and find something he could use. It wasn't much. The only useful thing was a pair of brown, baggy pants that would help with speed and flexibility.

However, when he went to the attic, he discovered a lot of useful clothing that was probably left there when his father moved away. He found a pair of black running shoes, a black t-shirt with a cool red mark on the chest. Then there was an almost black leather jacket with a tint of brown and grey. Although he had his costume, since he had a pair of black gloves in his room, he still lacked a mask that would help hide his face.

That was when he saw it. In a big box at the corner of the room, a red item reflected the sunlight and temporarily blinded him. He went over and picked it up from its odd placement. He held it in carefully, examining it to make sure it was okay to use. It was a red mask that would cover his mouth and nose. It was made of metal and it was painted red. It fit his look perfectly. On the sides were two holes for air to get through so he wouldn't suffocate when he wore it.

He decided to put on all his stuff to make sure it fit him. Of course, he also had to make sure he looked good in it. Izuku looked at himself in a mirror that was broken at the edges. He saw that it was a little bit large for him, but that would be okay since he had large room for improvement. The mask fit well, and the pants were as complete as you could ask for them to be. The shirt was pretty cool, the leather jacket as well. Both were a size too big though. The shoes were quite nice with the whole outfit but again, too big. In the end, he decided it would have to do for now.

Izuku took off his clothes and made his way downstairs, hurrying to his room and grabbing some contact lenses that would make his eyes red. He also got himself a red and black wig that he put on. He made it to his room and locked the door so his mom wouldn't find out about his plan. He put his clothes on the bed and threw his gloves there as well. He sat down on his chair and pondered on what to do next.

He could maybe find a name for himself. But there was also something else Izuku had to do to be able to actually save people. It was to find out where most crimes where committed. How? Well, he had to hack into the police's files. After a good two hours, he managed to get in. "I'm in." He just had to.

Anyway, he looked at the map where they located all crimes and wrote them down. After making sure and double-checking there was no way to trace his location, Izuku pulled up the map on his screen. It was a complete map of the whole Chubu district. It was constantly updating.

Izuku zoomed in on Musutafu for now. He examined the city closely before transferring it over to his phone. That way, he could easily follow all the updates.

He opened the door to his room and called for his mom, "Mom! I'm going to sleep now. Please don't come to my room. I'm really tired." He could hear his mom shuffle around before replying, "Wait, not even supper?" "No, I'm not really hungry," he replied before shutting his door. He made sure to lock it.

Izuku turned to his bed and started by putting on his black shirt. Before he did that, though, he looked at the red mark to see that it was a bad outline of a bat. It was thick with one point in the middle at the top, and two on the underside at the edges. There were two small points on the upper side. It reminded him a little bit about a comic he had read when he was little. It was about a hero turning rouge. His name was Red Hood.

That made Izuku realize. A name, he needed a name. He decided to get a name before moving out. He quickly put on the rest of his stuff excluding the mask. He then sat on his bed with all the stuff he needed and the mask in his hand, looking at it thinking hard on what to call himself. His thoughts were running wild in his mind, 'Okay, name, name, name, what should I call myself. I could take inspiration from someone. Stain, that new hero-killer, what's his motive. He wants to fix the world by killing all heroes. What does he mean, that the world is stained? Now, what do I want? I want to fix the world. To be everyone's hero. Fix? Is that a name? No. Too boring. I need something cool and easy, like Stain. What else is it that I'm going to do. I'm not just gonna fix it. I'm patching up the mistakes that the other heroes left behind-... Then. I'm... Patch...

- - -

A/N: Wow. Izuku is making some god damn progress. Finally! Patch. (Don't roast me please) It sounds kinda like Stain. But that makes it even cooler. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed.

Peace!