Taking Matter Into Own Hands

BTW: Izuku is going to a backup school for smart kids because he chose it as a second offer. I'ma just call it Nabu.

The hologram was over. Izuku immediately got to work with the stuff he was going to need. The first thing was trying to come up with ways to fully utilize his new quirk. In the exam, he felt One For All inside him, but it also felt like it was too strong to handle. He should try and find ways around this problem. That way, he could use his quirk more efficiently.

The first thing he thought of was to only channel his quirk in one limb while he used small parts of OFA. He figured that was not it, as it would take way too long to train and master. It would also take much more skill than he'd have time to learn. He needed something that he could learn fast.

The second thing that came to his head. He didn't have to use his hands. They weren't the only parts of him that could deal damage. So he thought of focusing more on his feet than the rest of his body. It would make it hard for opponents to counter, but he would also need to be more flexible than if he was to fight with punches. He wasn't strong enough or flexible enough. Yet.

His third plan seemed to be the right one. He thought that he may be able to use his quirk to its utmost if he coursed OFA throughout his entire body. Still only using a low percentage of it.

Izuku closed his hero journal and looked around. He decided to test it out right away and ran outside of his room. He ran out of the door and down to the road before heading for the woods.

On the way, he got the idea to just test it out as he was running. He channeled his quirk inside his entire body and started off at what felt like 15% of OFA. Immediately, he felt a huge change in speed as he almost immediately arrived at the forest.

The moment he stopped, he felt immense pain in his legs. He sat down with his back up to a tree and examined his legs. He rolled up his baggy pants and looked at his legs as they were glowing a light shade of red. They felt like they were burning. He looked around him to see what he could do to lessen the burn and pain. There was nothing so he took a handful of the cold grass and slowly put them on his legs.

It felt relaxing and he decided to rest there a little while he waited for the pain to fade. As he sat there, he thought of what to do to become a hero.

He could always try again next year, but that would take too long. He would've fallen behind too much to catch up with the first years. He needed something that could teach him to be a hero.

He could also look for internships with other heroes, but that would also not work. He couldn't just walk up to one and say that he wanted training. Neither did he have any impressive deeds or schools under his belt. He would not be able to convince the heroes to help him.

Other hero schools like Shiketsu was obviously not possible due to them finishing their entrance exams by now. Any other school wasn't really good enough if he wanted to reach the top.

Even though he wasn't fond of the idea, he felt like his only option would be to take his training out to the real world. Become a vigilante. That way, he would get training and experience at the same time, while helping citizens! It sounded great... But it would definitely be dangerous with no backup or any help. Not to mention it was illegal!

He realized it was the only option and decided to get to training already because his feet had healed enough by now. The cold grass really helped.

He started by testing out how much of OFA he could use without much of a drawback. After a few attacks on some trees and some laps around them, he noticed that he would not take any damage if he used less than 7%. Anywhere above that would hurt his skin and slightly bruise his bones. But what really terrified him was that he felt his arm begin to break when he charged up over 18%.

He sat down once more and thought about how to train himself for the following weeks to become strong enough to wield 15%. He thought that was what he needed to be able to defeat villains.

A lot of thinking and mumbling. He landed on having to train every day for at least a month. He would do strength training by either lifting heavy things or trying to take some of the trees out of the ground. He would train his feet by using his quirk as much as possible and run with it when he could. He would run laps around the forest to see how it would affect him over a longer portion of time. And of course, he would practice combat on trees and memorize moves that he could find on the internet by either pro heroes or other fight related sports.

With his plan ready, and the dedication to follow through with it as well, Izuku started his month of even greater hell than the beach training. This would be hard...

- - -

A/N: Sorry for a slow-moving chapter, but I believe it's at least something. I hope you enjoyed. Peace!