Chapter 3

"Courtney... It's 3 am, I'm trying to sleep-"

"Kurttttt," Courtney slurred, hopping on top of him and letting a devious smirk spread on her face.

"Court, when we wake up, okay? I'm so tired," He yawned, frowning a bit and shoving her aside. He turned to his side and shut his eyes once again.

"But Kurt, I want you!"

"Not now I said, you're drunk, you need sleep too.." Kurt was frustrated because Courtney just came home now. She was recording her album with her band all day today, but she still stayed out very late. She was out drinking and doing who knows what, he wished Courtney would come home and spend some time with him.

"I don't care! I want to be f-"

"Courtney! You're drunk! Maybe if you really wanted me you could've just came home as soon as you were done recording! You know, I can't even trust you sometimes! I don't know who you hang out with and what you do when you're drunk! You know I can't stand when we argue, but this time, I'm right!"

Courtney stayed silent for a few moments. The silence oddly scared Kurt. He thought she was drunk so she could've gotten emotional, maybe she thought about what she done. A small smile formed on Kurt's lips, they haven't gotten along in a whole. Just before he was about to pull her into a loving hug, he felt the harsh snap back into reality be pressed against his face with a slap. A slap.

Kurt's blue eyes swelled up with tears. He wasn't the violent type, he only got violent when he had to and all he knew was that he couldn't lay a finger on Courtney. He couldn't do that, it didn't feel moral to him and he could get in trouble for that. But then again, it wasn't moral for her to lay a finger on him. It wasn't okay, none of this was okay.

This wasn't love. He was all Courtney's. She can lie her fingers and her curses on her all she'd like, and that was when Kurt realized why he felt off these past few weeks. Something about their love wasn't clicking, it was falling out of place. And he hated it. He missed when their love was pure, when it was some childlike kind of sensation that made Kurt feel at his best.

"Don't move a fucking muscle."

Kurt's breathing hitched and he knew it was going to be a long night.

-----

The next morning took centuries to come by. He woke up and the previous events from last night came into his head. They played like a movie in his mind and suddenly he felt like he couldn't breathe. Kurt's heart raced and his hands were gripping to the sheets, trying to gasp for some air. His world seemed to be turning.

Courtney was up in the kitchen making breakfast already. Kurt felt tears rush down his face again, thinking about her made more fear and depression enter his fragile body. And to top it off, his stomach felt like there was 100 guns being shot through it.

Kurt struggled to leave bed and when he did he went to a medicine cabinet and took something for his rushing anxiety throughout his body. Sadly there wasn't much he could do about his stomach except for drinking milk and taking some advil, which once in a blue moon actually worked. He got dressed because he was freezing, then going downstairs, dreading to see his 'lover'.

"Morning Kurt," Courtney glanced up from the eggs she was cooking and puckered out her lips for a kiss. She obviously remembered what happened last night and tried to act like nothing happened.

Kurt quickly pecked her lips back and mumbled a morning, slouching in his seat and taking a sip from the coffee that was made for him already.

"Thanks for the breakfast and coffee Court." Kurt tried to smile and tried to lighten up the mood between them a bit.

Courtney rolled her eyes and then gave him a plate of eggs, then taking the one she made for herself. They ate in silence and it made Kurt so ready to get up from the bed and make his way to rehearsals already. He was excited to leave Courtney, just for a few hours he'll be living outside that bubble. He'll be free from the torture and the fake love, and yet he still loved her. As much pain as she planted in him, he still loved her for some sick reason. He hated it and wanted to leave, but something was keeping him there. Maybe it was the fear, or maybe it was because he genuinely loved Courtney. But Courtney wasn't any good for him.

Kurt got up from the table to place his plate in the sink then to pack some stuff for rehearsals. He got up without a word and got questioned by his girlfriend for it.

"Where do you think you're going?" Courtney asked, the guitarist feeling her eyes sinking into his skin.

"You know I have rehearsals today, I'm just packing my guitar and amp." He replied, trying to be cool about it and avoid any potential arguments.

She nodded and gave him a cold stare. Kurt hurried up the stairs and packed what he needed and happily exited the door when he had the chance to. He felt the air hit his face and it instantly made him feel more safe. He felt more safe in the breeze and outside that house. Outside that house that kept the truth hidden inside of it.