Chapter 28

a/n: thanks for 2k! I love all of you who are reading this book :)

Kurt's world felt torn away from him- Courtney laced their fingers together and placed a huge peck on his cheek, a lipstick stain visible on his stubbled face. All the memories of this hell were brought back to Kurt all over again, he never would have wanted to remember the feeling of being with her ever again; breaking up with her and being with Dave has been the best decision he could have ever made. But why couldn't the good things last?

"Let's go, the press sure missed this couple," Courtney winked, Kurt's eyes wide and filled with fear.

Dave was the angriest Kurt had ever witnessed him.

"Courtney! No! I won't let this happen!" He screeched, taking Kurt's free hand and pulling towards him.

"Deals a deal, you get him back as soon as the baby is born and settled. Now, bye bye Davey." Courtney flashed him the darkest smile and went to drag the man she was still desperate for out of the apartment. Kurt was furious too now, knowing there had to be a way to work out around this. She loved seeing Kurt weak and unable to do anything about her power giving Dave an idea.

"Hold on," Dave blocked the door, making Courtney stand there and unable to leave. "You know we still have tons of proof you abused Kurt."

"Oh yeah? They'll listen to me if I say he beat me."

"Courtney, you look like a wreck! At least true fans of ours know Kurt would never do that. He's spoke so much about feminism and no offense Courtney but you've received backlash in the press too. People have called you countless shit, I think we have a fair chance of being believed."

Looking annoyed with Dave's points, Courtney rolled her eyes to hide the sudden fear she felt.

"Dave, I have a way of manipulating whoever I want. No one will believe you."

"Okay. We have loads of proof and I'm surprised you're willing to risk your image like that." The drummer shrugged, leaving Kurt cackling.

"Not that it was a very good one anyway," He grinned.

"Take that back right now!" The blonde snapped furiously, turning around and giving Kurt a pissed off stare in his eyes.

"Nope!" He laughed, feeling Dave pull at his free hand once again and manage to yank his boyfriend out of the psycho frontwoman's grasp.

Kurt felt Dave's arms snake around his waist, Kurt glancing up into his eyes and kissing him lovingly. The protective way he was being held made Kurt realize that Dave was going to fight for him no matter what Courtney was willing to do. He has been with him through everything, Kurt wished there was a way he could equally reciprocate all that he has done.

"Disgusting!" Courtney shrieked, disturbed at the sight in front of her and Dave blocking the door made matters worse.

"So, I say that Kurt will be staying with me. He is not going back to you, Courtney."

Courtney broke out in a massive storm of tears again.

"But this is not fair! I'm going to have no one to support and help me out on this pregnancy! All my band members are just thinking I'm one big whore and are shaming me for it..." She sniffled, giving both of them a glance that would usually make them pity her, but now she appeared to be overdramatic, "And once everyone knows it's not Kurt's..."

"Everyone will assume that you are a whore, and if we mention that you cheated on him multiple times in the relationship and now are pregnant with a kid that surprise surprise isn't his you will look very bad." Dave added.

"What should I do?"

A part of Kurt felt terrible. A part of him always will feel terrible. He released a sigh and tried to think of what to say.

"Listen, I really don't know what you should do. But, I'm willing to help you raise it if you'd want. Me and Dave could do it?"

Courtney smiled widely.

"You'd really do that?"

"Yeah. I guess we'd lie and say the kid is mine too but... what did this Âm guy look like?"

Courtney appeared panicked once again hearing that.

"Let's just say, nothing like you...."

Dave laughed a bit.

"Or you stay away from the media till you give birth and say you decided to adopt a kid." Dave laughed.

"That would make sense if Kurt and I were together! You see, please Dave just let me have him again!" She begged like a toddler.

"Courtney, why not just find someone else? Find someone else and try to keep on the down low, I'm sure you can find plenty of people." Kurt said.

Courtney sighed.

"I can hook up with people easily but no one actually wants to date me, you'd be surprised... No one has interest in me. You were the only person Kurt who stayed with me for so long."

"And you wonder why no one is interested?" Dave spat, annoyed with how much self-pity she was showering herself in. "Reflect on the way you treated Kurt and then understand why no is interested."

Bawling out into tears for the third time in that brief period of time, it was to be said they broke her to an extent where she can evaluate on herself and where Courtney could try to change.

no escape (kave)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें