Chapter 29

Courtney couldn't take the comments she was receiving about her pregnancy, but for some reason it shaped her up a bit.

Maybe it was because she was going to have a child to take care of- or maybe it was because she had loads of regret of the way she treated Kurt. That could've been their kid, but now he's living a whole lot better with someone else. And his money made her regret her actions too.

A part of her felt miserable but another part of her felt engaged with rage and jealousy and every single of her constant emotions mixing in at once. She wanted to leak the photos out terribly bad, but Kurt already offered to help raise the kid. What difference would it make if she was still single and now people can shit talk her even further? They'll know the baby isn't hers, and Courtney wasn't able to get in touch with Âm.

Kurt tried his best to handle it. She'd call him frequently complaining and majority of the time trying to get him to come back to her unstable self. Kurt was doing better, aside from not making plans to go to rehab as much as he should be going. But he had been writing music for the next album and letting his creativity flow in his throat and guitar soothed him.

Dave continuing to be supportive was great, he'd come off as more stressed and drained at times and the frontman felt it was all his fault. He felt terrible he had to put up with him, with all his problems. But Dave knew that it would be better once his lover was clean.

They wrote songs together and felt their relationship be calmer and more better when they were making music. Kurt started to admire Dave's singing voice more than he ever did, and his other musical abilities.

Kurt's drug habit became more frequent but the sad part being that Dave was so used to seeing him that way that the drummer could consider it normal if he wanted to. He didn't want to though- he saw so much potential in his boyfried and didn't want his life going down the drain. Even if he was keeping him up, Kurt was always going to be dragged down no matter what.

Dave felt like a bad boyfriend, he almost felt like he was enabling Kurt. But that wasn't the case- his boyfriend was way too stubborn to listen to what he had to say. Kurt would protest and often say it helped his stomach pain and other various pains, but it sure enough was the addiction. Everyone knows you can't just go cold Turkey on heavy drugs, and whether he was doing them for the high or to normalize how he felt or to numb his pain Dave wanted the help for his angel as soon as he could get it.

The good side of the wacky situation they were in was they finished writing a whole album. Dave, Kurt and Krist were all to go rehearse soon and perhaps begin recording. Being in the eyes of the world hurt- they picked at you and wanted you to be perfect through their eyes, to them they wanted you to be their idle dream, remove any insecurity they could. Kurt felt pressured with the public and wanted to produce good music but felt as if he was limited because he had to produce what everyone else wanted. Yeah, he had to make his fans happy but no way was he about to make an album he would hate.

Dave continued to urge Kurt to go get clean, especially before anything major happened. He didn't want his lover going on tour, free and vulnerable to any kind of danger coming his way. He would feel more comfortable with him being clean and away from the dangerous crap.

The blond did the opposite and stayed on the drug, he would get into lengthy disagreements with him about it. It sucked Kurt let this drug interfere between him and the person he loved most. Maybe smack was his true love and she just wanted to show him.

"Can you please shut up already, Dave!" Kurt raised his voice and threw on a shirt, "I just want a day where you don't yell at me and criticize me for what I do...." He tugged down the sleeves and ruffled his own hair.

"No! What, you think me looking out for you is 'criticizing'?!" Dave hollared, actually beginning to laugh because he couldn't believe his bandmate thought that. "Okay. Okay, wow. If you dropped dead would it still be considered criticizing?"

"Stop treating me like a junkie!" Kurt's powerful orbs huddled with tears, his hands balling into fists and angrily slamming the door shut behind him. Dave sighed, not knowing how much of it he could take. He considered dumping him until he got help, but they were going to be together everyday regardless- that's what making music does.

And besides, where else would Kurt stay? It would be odd for Krist to take him in, and surely the vocalist wouldn't be staying with him. Courtney?

Jealousy zapped his spine and Dave shuddered. Would Kurt ever do that? For acceptance maybe. For drugs maybe. But he was a lot stronger than that, and why would he go back to someone who tortured the life out of him? Dave couldn't let him go, he had to keep holding on. His hands grew tired and strained but they'll arrive somewhere eventually... somewhere peaceful and away from murderous drugs and psycho exes and obsessive medias... somewhere just the two of them.

Author's note: I'm kinda unsure of where this is going- oh well;)