Chapter 12

Kurt woke up and one of the first things he noticed was the drummer still sleeping in the other bed. The sun was out and blinding his blue eyes, Kurt yawning and questioning to himself where Krist was.

He heard the bathroom door open and Krist was dressed and he smiled gently.

"Morning, Kurt."

"Morning Krist.. Where did you sleep?"

Krist let out a small laugh.

"Dave was sorta passed out in my bed and I didn't want to be a total dick and wake him, so I slept on the floor."

"On the floor?! Geez Krist, you could've just slept next to me if you had to. The floor is fucking uncomfortable."

"I know. My back is killing me, but at least the breakfast here is good."

Kurt gave a confused look to his band mate.

"... Breakfast?"

"Yes, breakfast. I was up since 5:30 and was starving, so I ordered a big breakfast over here."

"What the fuck? You could've ordered us something!"

"Don't worry, I saved you the leftovers!"

Dave's head lazily rose up at the sound of the breakfast chatter.

"Breakfast?" He scratched his head and he looked exhausted.

"Look who's up! Good morning Dave!" Krist said, "Yes breakfast, there's some leftover pancakes if you guys want."

Dave stood up from the bed tiredly and opened the box with the leftover pancakes in them. Smiling softly, he took two and put them on a paper plate.

"Is there any syrup?" He asked.

"Ate it all, sorry Dave."

"These pancakes are going to be plain as fuck! Who wants to come down with me to get syrup?"

"Guess I will, I'm not settling for plain pancakes either!" Kurt proclaimed and matched up from his bed.

"Seriously guys? You have got to be kidding! You're going to go all the way downstairs to get syrup!"

"Yes! I mean you could have asked for extra." Kurt huffed and grabbed some clothes and began to get changed. Dave's eyes quickly gazed to Kurt getting changed but he just as fastly looked away and got dressed himself.

"Ready to go, Kurt?" Dave laughed hard, finding it silly they were wasting their time to get syrup.

"Yes I'm ready! Bye Krist!"

"I still think this is really ridiculous." He chuckled and set on one of the beds.

It felt as if things weren't bad anymore. Last night was still ripe in both of their minds, and Kurt pondered if it was healthy to move on that quickly from such events. But all he wanted was things to be okay with him and Dave.

He didn't know if Dave was alright though- were his feelings hurt? He wouldn't be surprised if they had been hurt. The frontman freaked out and also scared him with drugs. He knew his friend cared a lot, he should've known he'd be hurt.

But Dave was acting like casual Dave, maybe Kurt shouldn't worry. Yet.

"Hey, what time do we have to leave here today?" Dave asked while stepping into the elevator.

"Around 11, I think. Then we have a long bus ride." Kurt responded and went into it as well.

Dave nodded and pressed the button for the first floor. As they arrived Dave had spotted a buffet and walked in with a goofy grin, because he was about to ask for syrup.

"Excuse me? We just wanted to know if we can have some syrup."

The employee shrugged and vanished. A minute later, she drops a handful of syrup cartons in their hands.

"Here you go. Have a nice day."

Kurt and Dave raced back to the elevators giggling. Krist couldn't believe they came back with syrup.

"These pancakes are amazing," Kurt spoke and shoved some pancakes in his mouth.

"Agreeed."

Spending time with those two really made Kurt feel better. He hoped the rest of the tour will be great.