Chapter 27

Dave and Kurt already felt drained the instant Courtney walked inside. She took a seat next to a drowsy Kurt who shot her an annoyed angry stare but didn't hesitate to offer her a cigarette. Lighting hers and lighting the one he took out for himself, Dave watched this and rolled his eyes as he knew they always were going to have something in common.

"So.... talk." Courtney broke the silence that was only full of exhales and inhales of hers and her exes cigarettes, "What do you want to fucking discuss?"

Kurt chuckled out loud to himself and let his hair cover his eyes, inhaling smoke before shoving his face in the pillow cushion again to hide the face that people loved.

"You know exactly why you're here. The pictures." Dave glared at her coldly, his voice resembling that too.

She huffed and broke into a grin that made Kurt look up from the couch, glaring at her with his boyfriend. His eyes seemed more pained however, they were more worried and betrayed while Dave's were fully consumed with anger. Kurt's eyes were dreamy but in a way more of a nightmare; when you looked into them they were the only way into his soul, his void of feelings that he didn't talk much about.

"Okay, okay! Quit giving me that look," Courtney blew out her smoke, flickering ashes off into the nearby ashtray, "I want you two to break up. I can't stand knowing my Kurt chose a fag like you over me!"

Kurt suddenly got angry.

"Be quiet! Don't you dare call my Dave that again, Ratney-"

"What did you just call me?!" The blonde shrieks.

Dave didn't want to witness a fight right now so he had to wedge in between.

"First of all Courtney, you heard right- Kurt called you a rat. Second of all, he 'chose' me because I loved him. Maybe if you would've not slept with other guys and not beat him up and not scream at him and not discard his love for you, maybe he would've loved you. You never once cared, you were a toxic person to Kurt and I pity who has to put up with you."

Courtney didn't say anything and out of nowhere she starts crying. Kurt looked very confused and the expression on his face told it all. Dave appeared confused but then starting laughing, biting down in his lip to not laugh out loud.

"You d-don't u-understand!" She sobbed, her terribly applied mascara running down her cheeks and another huge inhale of the cigarette, her smeared lipstick staining the stick.

"Understand what?" Kurt put out his now finished cigarette and dug his head in his hands, wishing he could go nap or be anywhere as long as she wasn't there.

"F-fuck.... I'm pregnant." Her voice sounded scared, shaky and Dave for once felt bad. The first question the both of them shared came out.

"Who's baby is it?" Kurt's eyes become dead serious, feeling a mix of multiple emotions. First of all he knew Courtney couldn't handle a kid and knew now why she tried so hard to get him back. She couldn't raise a kid by herself and it would look bad on her if shes pregnant, the press twisting the story and making up new rumors the two didn't need.

"I.... I think it was some guy I hooked up with after a show.. His name was... Am? I don't remember. When I found out I was pregnant I wasn't able to get back in touch with him, I can't contact him.." She sighed, wiping runny dark tears off her face, "Can you please get back with me? Who knows what people are going to think?! They have to think it's our kid!"

Kurt shoved his face in his hands, not wanting to return to her but a part of him feeling bad. A part of him remembered when they first started going out and how happy he was with her. He didn't let those memories fool him as he remembered the hell she dragged him under; if it wasn't for Dave, he'd be dead, far under her coal by now.

"Listen... I don't know.." Kurt muttered, not knowing how to put this into words.

"Courtney, do you want the kid?" Dave suddenly asked.

The frontwoman shrugged, looking as if she hasn't thought about it yet.

"I don't know- I'm.. Unsure. I'm so confused and don't know what to do!" She wailed, "Hell, if Kurt goes back to me I'll let you two be together again as soon as I've gave birth and we've settled! We just have to look good..."

"Fine... wait, Kurt and I aren't breaking up, right?"

"Do you want me to leak those photos?" That smirk grew on her face again, colliding with the now drying tears on her light face.

Dave knew what she has done alright.