Chapter 16

Kurt kept him shooting up a secret only for him and Courtney to know. It helped with his stomach and it made him feel at his best; but when his high died down, he felt nothing but miserable.

And when his high died down he went back into the reality he was stuck in- his relationship issues, his new feelings for Dave, the band, he wished that can go away. He wish he didn't have to be affected so much by all that.

One show they had the three all had seperate hotel rooms. This gave Kurt space to do his own thing, he went to his room and locked the door, knowing he'll feel better in a minute.

He stuck the needle his vein, releasing the band that was tight across his thin arm and let the high flow thoroughly inside of him. Kurt felt invincible again, nothing bothered him.

That was quickly disturbed by the sound of knocking on his door. Groaning, the blond stood up from the bed, slowly putting his kit away somewhere else. He sure was out of it.

He opened the door and saw his drummer in front of him. A big smile seated at his face, causing Kurt to softly smile back.

"Hey!" Dave blushed, looking down for a few moments before meeting his eyes back with the frontman's. "I was wondering if you wanted to walk a bit through town? Maybe check out the music shop?"

Kurt thought about it, trying not to doze off.

"Yeah, do you think we can in a bit though? I'm tired." He excused himself.

Dave was getting a weird vibe from Kurt's attitude. He was well aware of how his bandmate could act but...

"That's fine. I'll be in my room, knock on my door when you want to go." Dave left and Kurt shut his door. He picked up his guitar and lazily strummed chords. His acoustic guitar was out of tune, but Kurt had that ability to make the rawness sound beautiful, he made people want that sound that wasn't supposed to be wanted.

He hummed and smiled with the tune he came up. He wondered if it was for a particular someone. This was the only way Kurt could come to truth about what he wished he could deny; through music and his words that were more than just his beautiful screams and raspy voice. It was the only place he felt safe.

Dave was worrying- Krist was in his room, sleeping because of how exhausted he was so the drummer couldn't hang with him to get his mind off Kurt. He didn't know why but he felt as if Kurt was... shooting up. That day he spent with Courtney, afterwards he acted different. It wasn't just how he loved her but it was opposing everything he said and believed in the past few weeks. He felt as if all the progress he's made, he felt like all the hope he had of them being together had been torn down the drain. It pulled Dave down too, but he was going to get back up. He wasn't going to let Kurt go that easy.

He didn't want to lose that angel.

Dave waited a bit till he got out of bed and knocked on the door to check on Kurt. Kurt opened again, looking drowsy but the blond he was in love with smiled.

"Davey! I wrote a song," He grinned, "Want to get going?"

Midway through the question his eyes wondered off, his mind trailed to thoughts as he attempted to comprehend what his friend was going to say next.

"Sure, let's go. Poor Krist is passed out!" Dave laughed but had trouble pushing his fear away, also reminding himself not to let it interfere with the time he was about to spend with Kurt.

Dave's worries lifted off him once he felt Kurt's hand rubbing against his hand from how close they were walking. Dave wanted to hold it but didn't want to be caught and he was afraid the guitarist would feel uncomfortable with it. 

Kurt's cheeks flushed red and nervously picked at his flannel from how close their hands were just then. Dave thought his actions were rather cute and couldn't help himself but grab the hand he was using to pick at his clothing at and he held it.

"I... I like this."

"I do too, Kurt."

They held hands till they reached the lobby and exited the hotel and began to explore the town. If they were caught to be holding hands, there would be speculation surrounding them; Kurt was known for dating Courtney, if any rumors came out he feared to see what she'd do and her reactions. Those wouldn't be nice.

But the pair both wanted to be affectionate with each other again. They could sense it, the urges were powerful and yet all they can do was discard it and have doubts about a relationship ever happening.

They had a good time despite this- they ran into fans, some fans they had full conversations with, the best type of fans. Those fans always made Kurt's day, it made him happy that his music helped them but they still treated him as a person. Dave admired them too, it always was cool when you could have deep talks with strangers and feel connected to them somehow- perhaps through the way you know them.

They when out and ate and browsed some shops, also wanting to visit an advertised band that was shown on a flyer, the two making sure to remember to visit the club where they were to preform. Kurt loved seeing small local bands, he felt as if they didn't get enough respect but he'd know that means they were good. He liked showing support to people who were in the same boat as him musically.

When they got back that was when all hell broke loose.