2019 - whippednation

whippednation
Bangtan Writers Awards 2018 winner
Bangtan Writers Judge 2019

Categories:
Taehyung
Jungkook

Greetings everyone!

Those who already know me call me Nicole, and I'm very honoured and excited to be called as a judge in these awards.

My favourite genre to write usually falls in ANGST. I think the books in this genre usually have deep meanings and they leave a large impact on its readers emotionally. I believe that words are powerful and stories have the power to control one's emotions. That's my main purpose of writing; to make people feel.

I personally like to read stories that make my heart ache, that make me cry. So the books I write have to give the same effect on its readers. It isn't really a good book if it doesn't touch your heart in any way. I dont really know about book I'm most proud of, because I like them all equally. But if I have to choose, it would have to be Stardust. It will always take up a special place in my heart because I wrote it during a time when I was feeling really down.

I derive inspiration from music, other books, and real life events. Sometimes, I translate the feelings I'm having into words. It makes writing even more meaningful when it's based on yourself. Also, patience is key. It takes time to finish a chapter. I can't remember how many times I've gotten migraines because I'm trying to force my way out of a mindblock (any writer's greatest enemy). But my advice is, don't force yourself. You can't write because you want to get it done at a specific time, you should write when you feel like it. The inspiration will get back to you later.

Write books that make your readers' hearts twist and turn, ache and break, jump and melt in joy. Write books that mean something to you. I'm excited to see how your books will turn out in the future!