2020 - sincerelytop

sincerelytop
Bangtan Writers Awards 2018 Winner
Bangtan Writers 2020 Judge

Category:
BTS (Ships)

Hi everyone! I'm Deena! I've been writing on Wattpad for five years now, and I would have to say the genres I enjoy writing the most are mystery/thriller, horror, and angst. I'll dabble with romance here and there, but to write about romantic relationships as a single genre is a lot harder than it seems. Love is very personal, and I don't wish to subject a concept that a vast number of people experience differently. 

Since we're being honest, in terms of books that I'm proud of, I don't have a single book that I'm thoroughly satisfied with. My most esteemed work is 'Monster,' however, given that I wrote it when I was sixteen years old (I'm twenty-one now), there's a lot I wish I could do differently. But if I had to pick, it would be my latest story, 'Psycho' (shameless promo). Admittedly, there's only a prologue up at the moment, but I'm satisfied with where I plan to take it. 

Writing tips? Inspiration? There's so much one can lecture about before it becomes repetitive. Use proper grammar, proofread before publishing, all that. My best advice that I've used on myself is: Write about what you want to read. 

Don't write to please others other than yourself. Your works will stand out that way, and who knows, you'll draw an audience that will be just as passionate about it as you. 

All in all, I'm excited to be a part of the judging team. I think judging the 'Ships' category will be quite interesting, as I will be able to experience relationships from the perspective of others. Thank you again for this opportunity! 

Sincerely, Deena.