Twenty-fifth Pin

"So... Kihyun, huh?" I broke the silence after about 5 minutes. He didn't react.

"You two seemed very close. I wonder why he never told me about you." Actually, it could be that he did, but my dumb head was probably too busy to listen.

"He told me a lot about his best friend." Hoseok finally said, oh my gosh I already tought he wouldn't speak to me at all. A wide smile appeared on my lips.

"Oh, you're not mute." He chuckled. "I like it. Don't stop talking." I said without thinking. Yeah Hyungwon, there's your voice kink again. And may you please start thinking before you speak, huh?!

Thankfully he didn't mind and just smiled. "I really like him."
"Yeah... I can see that." His smile didn't disappear but went... a little bit sad I guess. And that was the moment as I finally realized. The sadness in his eyes, the way he played with his fingers and this hearbreaking smile... he was in love. He was deeply in love with my best friend. It wasn't something you can erase in a few days or even a few weeks... He was way too deep into it already.

"Did you see how happy these two are?" My eyes searched for his, but he was still focused on the road in front of us.
"Yeah. I know." I wished I could tell him something different. But I couldn't. 

"May you promise me something?" The question made its way above my lips before I could stop them.

"Depends on."

"Don't force yourself in situations like that again. Or if you have to, I'll come along. I don't want you to see them like that."

His eyes widened. He turned his head and I could feel his stare. "Why do you care about me that much? It's the first time we actually see each other." I shrugged, creating eye contact for a moment.
"I don't know..."

"You sure?"

"...Yeah."

"Wow, I still don't know you and can already tell you're lying."

I sighed, but couldn't help myself and grinned a little.

"I love Kihyun."

"What?!" 

"Not what you think, dumbhead." He relaxed again, causing me to let out a silent laugh.
"I love him 'cause he's my best friend. But he can be a total bitch and I don't want you to get hurt. Well I don't want anybody to get hurt."

"So you're just being nice."

"I care because I call you my friend. And you did too, remember? Friends care about each other." He didn't answer. But I knew it was supposed to be a silent agreement.

"By the way... where do you live?"