#2

The sound of unfinished tune blared on the speakers inside the studio as we all sprawled out on the floor—more like I'm sprawled on the floor while Cal and Ash man-sit the couch, and Michael on one of the speakers, giving me more tunes to work with. This isn't exactly how I pictured my weekend would be but Calum called at five in the morning, telling us he's feeling extremely inspired to write and I just had to be dragged.

Upon reaching the studio, it turns out his inspiration faded just as quickly as it came, ending with me trying to make our time on the studio worthwhile. "Blast me something lower." I say to Michael as he adjusts the tunes, turning it into something lower and I hummed through it. Trying to figure out which tune would fit more.

Just then, the door blasted open and we didn't have to look to know who it was. As always, he's late. "Man, you've got to stop being late at everything." Ashton quickly mused and I could hear a groan from the late man, going near where Michael and I are, and sitting down on the floor with me.

"I'm sorry, she just—" He stopped when our eyes connect and I had to look away before I involuntarily drown again on it. Which I'm trying my best not to.

"She just what?" Calum asked with an irked in his voice and I looked over Ashton, mentally telling him he should stop the irritated Scottish from starting another battle that we all knew would eventually lead into something we all wouldn't like.

"You don't have to be such a dick about it." Just when I thought Luke was done—he wasn't.

"Well, you don't have to be such a dick about this too. We're writing. We have a target released date which you're completely forgetting about just because of a girl."

"Hey, man. That's enough." Luke stood up at that and Ashton went over to Calum to stop him. Both man seizing each other up before Luke headed straight to the door. Ashton looks at me intently while his hands were still against Calum's chest and I looked at him questioningly. "Can we forget about everything and try to get this band to work together?" I already knew what he meant and I wanted to try and go against it. Deeming it useless when my love for the band grew more than my pride could.

I stood up reluctantly, leaving the studio and was about to call Luke when I immediately saw him at the lobby, alone and sitting on one of the visitor's chairs while watching a music video I'm sure brought memories to him. It's the music video for one of the songs he and Calum had written a little over five years ago.

I sat down beside him and look straight at the television, the silence enveloping us as we do. "I'm sorry." He mumbled lowly even if I knew it went against all his pride and ego just to say those words.

"You don't have to say sorry to me, Luke." I paused, "You just need to get your shit straight and work with us. That's all." And just when I thought I don't hate him anymore? I still do.

It's a love-hate thing.

"I-I know." He sighs heavily. "I just—things have been really intense lately with Cassie and all." I flinched with the way he says her name. Making me suddenly forget how to breathe and filling me with fury I didn't know I still had. "It's hard keeping up with both lives."

The enormous lobby felt so suffocating and I can't do it anymore. "I'm sure you can fix that. You always do." I tried to pull up a smile as I stood up, ready to leave the place to get the air I badly needed. "Work with them, Luke. Work with the band you poured your everything for." I tap his shoulders briefly and left at once, not stopping when I heard him call my name once.

Upon getting out of the building, I sigh heavily through my nose and went over to the coffee shop. Ordering a coffee tad bit darker than my liking just so I could have an awakening. To wake up from all the nightmare—from all that's happened. And all that started when he met her.