#34

The clock strucks midnight and I was the only one left at the living room while watching a documentary about animals. And of all the animals in the world, it has got to be penguins. I was too lazy to switch channels while being all bundled up at the couch so I lay there, just watching mindlessly while my head spin in all different direction.

"Can't sleep?" Ashton came out from the stairs wearing his pj's and went over beside me, letting my head fall on his shoulders when he did. I only shook my head as an answer. "Me too, bub." He taps my head two times and we sat there, watching penguins walk adorably and stumble from the ice. "You and Luke got to talk?" I hummed. "You got the things you need?"

"Everything. Even from Cassie." I felt him stop and knew if I wasn't only leaning on his shoulders, he would turn to me abruptly. "Kinda walk right into each other and decided to talk."

"Are you okay?" And that's when my tears started pouring because no, I am not okay. I'm not okay knowing my best friend loved me the same for years, not okay that we were much of a coward to be together, and definitely not okay that we have to struggle so bad before we came to this. To when we tell each other this years and years ago when everything was better.

Ashton pulled me closer to his chest and I let it out there. Feeling slightly better by the minute as it felt good to let out everything I feel like this. "It's okay, Lace. Everything's gonna be okay." I didn't have an ounce of hope for what we could have now that Luke and I made mistakes. I didn't think we could ever go back to what we are, much less have a possibility of ever being more.

I stayed buried in Ashton's chest for a long while before the rush went away and my eyes slowly give up to sleep. "Hey, there's leftovers at the fridge."

"Is Lacey okay?"

"She is, man. Don't worry about her. Eat, Luke. You two needed a darn good meal after a very long day."

*

Waking up at four in the morning just because they needed us to pack our bags for the upcoming promotion tour was annoying to say the least. I have totally forgotten about it and Calum, who already has his pack on Ashton's house, is kind enough to help me pack my bags as he drove me back home. It's kinda hard running around my apartment while still being groggy as hell but I managed to get through it with his help and finally went out to catch the boys at the tour bus waiting outside Ashton's.

Calum told me the first show would be held somewhere around town and I can't say I'm not excited about it. I really am, but I need some good sleep before I turned into a grumpy monster. "We're here." He helped me with my bags and carried it inside the huge tour bus who looked as if it could house ten people at the same time. We boarded it right then and flashback of memories flooded in my head when I first saw the living space.

We're really back, aren't we?

It looked like the rest of the boys are soundly asleep from their bunks so I managed to heave my way together with Calum, putting my suitcase at the top of an empty bunk with the rest of their things and bid me to sleep. But as soon as I entered the bunk, I couldn't. It's so annoying to feel this when all I ever wanted while I was packing my bags is to get some more sleep.

Giving up, I shoved the cloth that covers the red bunk and went out of it. Grabbing both my phone and laptop to at least entertain myself when my head turned to the tiny kitchen and saw Luke standing there. I thought about it real hard at first, if I still wanted to hang around but as soon as he saw me–I kinda had no choice anymore. I didn't wanna come out as a rude bitch and besides... after the talk we had, my heart couldn't feel the same anger it once felt before. If more, things feels... lighter.