#12

As soon as I saw Ashton outside my doorstep, it didn't take long before my tears started pouring down like a damn waterfall.

I hadn't thought he'll appear today seeing as no one reached out to anyone else about writing or going to studio since yesterday even if we all know too well that weekends are for finalizing the tunes we already had. Seems like everyone were too devastated—and I'm not an exception of that dilemma. Ever since I've learned everything from the man itself, it made me angrier than I ever was, with a stupid dash of hope glimmering at the far end of the dark hole that I'm in.

But I sure was ignoring that pull. Who knew what that could do to me.

"He genuinely thought you're in love with the person you treat as a brother? Luke's a smart guy..."

"Academically speaking, he is. But he's all too oblivious like the rest of you." I quip, a tissue right under my nose as I lean over Ashton's chest as he chuckled. We're like this for over an hour now and I appreciate him being here even after I told him everything. He never moved an inch, he never judged nor tell me to get over it. He's just there, and I appreciate it.

"We can't have everything, can we?" He gently taps my back and I snorted. "We can't be gorgeous rockstars without having a tad bit of daftness."

"I'm gonna throw you out, Ashton Irwin. Don't try me."

"I'm kidding!" He pulled me tightly into his chest and I ease into it, reminding me of back then when all four boys would cuddle up with me whenever I'm sad, they would take turns and made sure I get a tight hug—with none of them leaving before I'm fully okay. "Can I ask you a question, Lace?" I hummed. "Would you ever give him a chance?"

I close my eyes. Not wanting to think of the answer for that ridiculous question. "The only chance I could give him is a chance to get back to being civil with him. To being as friends. For the band." My voice trailed off. "But not now."

"You know, Lace? I remember Mom telling us this thing about, if you found the right person? Your love for him will never go away. It would forever be etched into your heart like a damn leech, and no matter how much you try to pull away? Damn fate would make a way for you to feel it again. To pull you towards the oblivion of feelings. That no matter who you have in front of you, the one you feel the greatest for will go above and beyond the rest."

I shook my head in disbelief. "Stop being poetic. I'm sure this is just some puppy love I never got over from."

"Are you just telling yourself that?" I bit my lower lip with the way his tone suggests he already knew the truth I kept on denying.

"I'll... I'll get over it." Right?

*

The weekend passed by and Ashton took the initiative to messaged everyone about going to the studio to finalized the tunes for the first few songs. I managed to hoists myself up from the bed even if my body profoundly refused to do so, and had went earlier than the call time to get my shit together before I saw that vocalist. I wouldn't wanna lose my shit and cry all over the place in front of everyone else, I had to keep it together. Just until the end of the album.

Carrying the notebook on the right hand, and untouched coffee at the other, I pushed the door open and what welcomed me was the sight of Luke Hemmings all bundled up in hoodie and sweatpants, a blanket over his shoulders on the couch and seemed to be into what he's writing. He looked as if he hadn't noticed me entered from the pods at his ears, and his constant sniffing.

I frowned, the studio was at the warmest temperature and I even had to wear a tank together with my jeans from the weather at its best today.

His head turned and hastily, he removed the pods over his ears and seemed to ponder what to tell me when I offered the coffee at my hand. His hands reluctantly accepted it as I continued to urge and went straight to the dashboard after he mumbled a small thank you. I ignored all the other feelings I have, deciding that today isn't the best place and moment to acknowledge them. Gathering all the papers at the board, I compiled all of them and sat right by the other end of the couch.