TWENTYEIGHT|DRIVE

In a few hours, I would be back on the road

Maybe this was my calling in life, I smiled to myself.

Running.

Running away from my problems, running away from men.

I watched through my motel room window as a grey car pulled into the parking lot. I had spent the day, watching the people come and go, out with the old and in with the new.

A young man stepped out of the car, throwing his nose high in the air, almost as if he was breathing deeply. A creeping cold crawled down my spine when his blood red eyes made contact with mine, though only for a brief moment. I threw my self away from the window, pulling the curtains closed, but I couldn't help myself, I had to stare out through the thin sliver of a gap between the curtains.

The burn of his eyes lingered on mine, before he turned away, walking towards the motel reception.

I had a bad feeling. A kind of niggling pull in the pit of my stomach.

I turned away, sliding my back down the wall until my head fell in my knees with an exhausted sigh.

I hoped I was doing the right thing.

An image flashed through my mind, one of Grayson, looking... Sad, disappointed.. enraged.

The image of when he had walked in on Noah and I..
I had found my solace in the bottom of a bottle of whiskey, the only thing missing were the cigarettes to burn the taste of his lips away, he was bitter sweet.

But I couldn't erase the feeling when his skin touched mine, like sparks, or at least that's what I told myself.

Maybe it was nothing more than a drunken haze.

I hoped it was.

Footsteps echoed along the long hallway of the motel room, before a thunderous knock shook the very hinges of the door.
My heart left into the base of my throat, as I cautiously crept over to the door, peering through the peephole.

A pair of blood red eyes stared back at me.

I shot back, cursing under my breath.

"Shit.. shit, shit"

I didn't need to think, my body flew into action. The primal part of myself knew what to do.

I pulled the bedsheets from the bed, and began to tie knots in it, before wrapping and securing it around one of the bed posts.

Three loud bangs cried out against the wooden door.

I tore the curtains from the railing, binding it to the bedsheets. I threw open the window, dangling the makeshift rope out like a ladder.

I had never been so glad that I had already prepacked the car with food and supplies.

A hurricane of bangs reined down upon the door that squealed under the force.

Shoving what little I had left into my pockets I began to climb from the window.

An ear splitting crack echoed throughout the room as I began to slowly lower myself down the outside of the building.

A scream left my lips when a pair of cold hands clamped onto my wrists, pulling me back inside the room. I fell to the floor on the inside, and I could feel my heart pounding in my chest.

"Don't try to run." He smirked. "Your Alpha can't save you this time."

"What are you talking about!" I cried, trying to push myself as far away as possible from the red eyed man. "Who are you!"

Something about his face... seemed.. eerily familiar.

"Don't act like you don't know!" He snorted. "I saw the looks you gave me in the diner!"

My blood ran cold. I had seen him before.
Many times he had sat in the diner for hours, even after finishing his meal... always just... staring.

I could've sworn his eyes were green back then...

"But... your eyes.."

He smiled a wicked grin, revealing rows of wolf like teeth. "Do you like them, I went rogue just for you..." He stepped closer. "And now we can finally be together, without that those Alpha mutts in our way."

I tried to scoot back further, only for my back to meet a wall. "What are you doing! Get away from me!"

"Don't be like that." He cooed. His sandy blonde hair which I remembered once thinking made him mildly attractive now repulsed me, though no we're near as much as his gory eyes.
"Don't act like you don't want me! I've seen the way you used to look at me!"

An idea struck me, at this moment in time he stood looming over me, there was no way I could win in a fight right now.
So instead, I tried my hand at seduction.

"You're right." I purred, grabbing his collar and pulling him down to my level. "It's about time you caught on."

His face lit with shock for a second, before settling with his cocky smirk. He leaned in, so that his lips lingered just a few centimetres from mine, I watched his crimson eyes flick between my eyes and lips.

"Oh Amora." He whispered, so that his lips brushed my cheek. "Are you really that fucking stupid?"

I didn't have time to do so much as think before his hand wrapped its way into my white blond hair.

My eyes grew wide and fearful, but I couldn't look away from him. His smirk turned to a snarl. "Did you really think that you could fool me so easily."

-And with that he smashed my head into the wall.

***
I bet none of you remember this guy, he makes a few subtle appearances in the first few chapters.
Any thoughts? Theories?
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟