TWENTYNINE|EYES

His eyes were the shining light in the darkness

Like two haunting beacons of blood that pierced through the night.
They were the only thing that held my focus when the world dipped dangerously into limbo.

They bore into my skin with a fire that scorched my flesh and left my screaming.

I hoped people in the neighbouring rooms would hear me, but no one came to help.

I kept waiting and waiting for someone, anyone, as the madman threw my about the room, raining a hell fire of fists down upon my body.

Through the madness the voice in my head screamed.

He won't always be there to save you!

It was right. I knew deep down it was.

I couldn't always rely on someone else, I had to save myself sometime, so instead I became the rabid beast that Daniel inspired me to be.

I pulled the small knife from my boot, slashing out with my fist as he turned. He cried out and for a second, he let go.

I spun around with blazing eyes, wielding the blade pointed straight at his bloody face.

He was hunched over, cradling his blood stricken eye. The blade had left a deep cut from the top of his right eyebrow to the bottom of his jaw.

"What have you done!" He cried, blood screaming off his jaw and into the wood floors.

I took my chances, I bolted for the door, jumping over the splinters that remained.

I took off down the long corridor, I could hear his heavy, but slower footfalls maybe twenty feet behind me.

I threw my self into the lift, jamming my finger repeatedly into the door close button, as  well as the button for the ground floor.

My heart pounded as I watched him gaining ground by the second, the doors taking far too Long for my liking to close.

He met the elevator right as the metal doors came to a close, I jolted back as he began to pound on the door.

Down.

Down.

Down.

A weight in the pit of my stomach plummeted in sync with the elevator.

As soon as the doors parted enough for me to fit through I squeezed through, running through the battered lobby. The receptionist screamed after me, but I didn't hear her. The only sounds were the rushing of my heart and my bloody pounding through my ears, along with the sickening sound of someone thundering down stairs.

He was behind, but he would soon catch up.

I burst through the double doors, leaving a bloody handprint, it was then that I realised the true state I was in. Covered in blood and wielding a three inch blade. No wonder the receptionist was screaming at me.

I spotted the beaten truck, locking the doors the instant I was inside.

On the road again.
Running...again.

From yet another demon to cloud my past.

-and this one, I didn't even know it's reasons.
Somehow that made it all the more terrifying.

I didn't know the lengths this demon would go to.

I pulled out onto the empty road with a scream of rubber.

I put petal to the metal, speeding off, but as I did I glanced back in my rear view mirror.

I wished I hadn't.

What I saw transfixed me, I couldn't look away.

The red eyed man was running along the road behind me, but I watched as his body jerked and twisted.

He leaped into the air with a flurry of shredded clothes.

When he landed... he was something else...

A beast.
A monster.

A wolf.

A sand stricken coat with piercing red eyes that was fast approaching.

I couldn't look away from his eyes.

What had I just seen.

A car horn had my spinning back to the road just in time to see a truck headed straight for me, I swerved. The steering wheel jerked as the tyres were pulled off the road.

Down.

Down.

Down.

And then... a second of nothingness consumed me.

***
Short but sweet I guess you could say🤷🏻‍♀️
Any thoughts? Theories?
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟