THIRTYEIGHT|AGONY

I let the cool air night soothe my aching soul

I let the cool air night soothe my aching soul. It didn't hurt anymore, just a dull ache that refused to lessen or leave.
I had heard stories of people being stabbed or shot not even knowing that they had been wounded, a pain so high the body refused to register it. That what it felt like.

If I felt what I should then I would be crippled, suicidal and broken. Instead I felt... nothing, just the hollow and empty nothingness that echoed inside of me.

I took a long drag of the cigarette. It burned throat and scorched my lungs at first but I didn't mind, I liked the pain. It made me feel human.

I watched the thin tendrils of smoke, wrapping and curling like translucent grey fingers.
So beautiful.

I leaned over the balcony, staring out over the woodland that stretched until the horizon below. This was where I had first met him. My heart lurched at the thought of him, I hated the way he made me feel.

I knew Greyson had been watching me for sometime now. I didn't bother to turn as he came and stood next to me, arms resting as we leaned on the railing together.

"Where did you get those?" He said, watching the weaker trees sway in the slight breeze whilst the stronger ones remained proud, hard and unmoving.

"What did you do to Daniel?" I asked the question that had plagued me for many sleepless nights. For years I had hoped for karmas strong hand to wipe his toxic existence from this earth... but now.. I don't know how I felt.

"He's alive, if that's what you mean." He deadpanned. "I can take you to see him, if that's you want."

"No." I said too far quickly, "At least, not yet."

He grunted in answer. I closed my eyes and let his strong and manly scent lap at my senses, calming my nerves and dulling the edges of the glass in my heart. The pain was still there, but fainter.

I exhaled smoke, I imagined it to be the impurity he gave me. It came in but I flushed it out again. My analogy wasn't without fault. The smoke left tar in my lungs, thick and black it built day by day until it would kill me.

I wouldn't let him kill me.

I held out the cigarette to Greyson, expecting him to take it and stub it into the railing, or toss it over the edge into the oblivion below. Instead he took it between limber fingers, deft in their eagerness, and careful not to touch me, I frowned. His lack of contact only made me want more, he grabbed my curiosity, peaked it and enslaved it.

He held it to his lips. It had touched my lips and now was touching his. What was I thinking? I sounded like a school girl. Pathetic. I grit my teeth and stared ahead.

"How's the bite?" He grunted, taking a long draw. The smoke leaving his lips was intoxicating, thin white tendrils crawled from between his plump lips. "Amora?" He asked when I didn't answer.

I subconsciously licked my lips, his eyes trailed the movement a fervent hunger glowing dark within his piercing orbs.

I shrugged. "It's been worse these past few days."
I didn't want to bare to think why and of course I could never tell Greyson.

A long pause settled on the air, I thought for a while that maybe he wouldn't answer until his whisper broke the silence. "He's near."

His voice sent shivers down my spine as he handed me back the cigarette, careful again not to touch me. What was wrong with me that I was so repulsive to him?

"Greyson, do I disgust you?" I couldn't help it. Maybe my filter had broke or maybe I just didn't care anymore.

He laughed, deep and rumbling it had me trembling as my knees turned to jelly and I dropped the cigarette over the edge of the belting. Fucking hell that was hot.

I could sense he was staring at me so I turned to face him. I wished I hadn't. His eyes were a black abyss that threatened to swallow me whole. I was drowning in the thought of him, my senses drunk off the smell of him. I should've been afraid but I was too intoxicated to be scared.

When he spoke I nearly collapsed. His voice was lower than I had ever heard it, it was strained as though he was struggling to keep his composure. "No." He took a step towards me. I matched it with one back, and my backside collided with the cold, hard wall. "Not at all." He rumbled, he was so close I felt the rib rations of his words as they rolled off of his tongue. A gasp escaped me when his hand held my side, his warmth seeping through layers of clothing. Touch me.

I arched my chest pushing my chest into his as we eyed each other hungrily. "I wish I could show you how you make me feel." He said, staring at me through half lidded eyes. So hot.

I was burning up. He was the flame needed to light the spark inside me into a roaring inferno.  Every fibre, every bone, every inch of my being called out to him, begged for him and the touch he bought and my core ached sinfully for his warmth.

"Show me." I pleaded, my breaths were heaving and ragged. "Please."

His eyes were on my lips. Kiss me, I thought, I wished, I prayed.

In an instant he answered my prayers, his lips were in mine, firm and pressing. I felt like I had exploded into a thousand shards of happiness. I ignored a sharp pang in my chest.
My lips burned with our ferverence, we were desperate, like animals we ran our hands along each other. I felt his skin, soft yet hard. Strong yet a suppleness. Everything in me burned. Hot. Too hot.

The fire was real. I was on fire. I tried to push him away, I was burning. His lips only moved to trail down the length of my neck, biting and sucking causing pleasureful pangs straight to my core. But I was still burning, the fire only growing brighter, stronger, hotter the more he touched me.
And then all of a sudden it wasn't his lips on me, they were Noah's. I didn't dare fight, there was no use. Noah's hand crept down my spine to squeeze my backside. I wanted to cry. I wanted it to stop, but I couldn't do more than place my hand firmly on his hard chest.

The strings broke. The damn burst. The fire exploded when his tongue dragged over the bite. I cried out, "Noah Stop!"

Instantly he was off me, standing more than six feet away, a horrified look on his face but the tears blinded me. "Stop." I cried.

***
What do you guys think?
Leave me some comments to wake up to :)
Any thoughts? Theories?
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟