FORTYTWO|BROTHER

"Where's Noah?" The sick part of me hoped he was already dead

"Where's Noah?"
The sick part of me hoped he was already dead.

But the part of myself that scared me the most was the part that wished for him to be alive.
So that I could kill him myself.

My anger had faded, it was strange. The more I thought about it, the longer I spend thinking. The more I questioned if his crimes against me were really that bad.

It if was really as horrific as I remembered.
Was I remembering it wrong? Was I condemning and innocent man?

The more I questioned my own judgement, the very same way I always used to with Daniels.

After the long nights of bruised wrists and bloodied fists, after the nights I was left with a  purple half flush that died along my throat and bloodied thighs, for days I would do nothing but think.

After every hour the pain seemed to lessen, I would ask myself if it was really all that bad. If I had made it seem worse than it actually was.

And eventually, when all the bruises had faded and the red scars faded to white I had nothing to remind my of the terror I had once felt. Instead I chalked it all all to the heat of the moment, then I would go running back to Daniel all over again.

I wished death on them both. However somehow it didn't seem fitting enough, death was too gentle, too sweet. Being damned to eternal suffering seemed far better.

In death they would see peace, a feeling I would never see for as long as I would live. For the rest of my life I was damned to see their faces, feel their hands, hear their voices every time I closed my eyes. Why should they been given peace?

Noah's cell was guarded by three men, wielding vicious looking guns and sheathed with equally vicious knives.

Impulsive thoughts burned my skull, I let them take hold, as we passed a guard that opened the cell door I grabbed the threatening looking blade from its sheath at his hip. He didn't protest and Greyson followed me in.

Noah appeared to still have all his limbs fully intact. Apart from a few dark bruises he seemed almost fine.

Greyson hadn't had the heart to mutilate his own flesh and blood.

A serpent coiled in the pit of my stomach. I hadn't spared a second to think about how Greyson was feeling. His own brother bound before him. It couldn't have been easy.

Noah stared up at me with lust ridden eyes. "I knew you wouldn't stay away." He smiled. "I knew you would come for me."

I wanted to be sick, and bile rose in my throat but I swallowed the bitter taste down, along with the crippling hunger for his blood.

"What is wrong with you?" I asked disgusted. "You were the only one that couldn't see it!"

"What are you talking about?" Noah looked genuinely wounded but I couldn't stop myself, the words kept coming, hard and fast.

"It was never you! Right from that night in the study, it was never you I wanted! Even I couldn't see it at first." Everything that had been pent up inside of me came tumbling out. "It was always him. Always." I said stepping back so that my back pressed up against Greyson and he interlinked his hand with mine, giving me a subtle squeeze. I held the knife in my free hand.

"Your lying." Noah said, the look of hurt and defeat that echoed in his eyes had me crumbling with guilt.

I couldn't do it. I couldn't kill the broken man before me. My anger faded with my resolve.

"Let him go." I whispered.

"What." Greyson rumbled, turning me to face him. "Are you sure?" I could've sworn I saw a flicker of hope dart through his glassy eyes.

I nodded in confirmation.

Greyson steppes forward, ridding his brother of the chains that plagued him, Noah stood to his full height. He was still only an inch or two shorter than Greyson. "Thank you, brother." He grinned, clapping him on the shoulders, not at all like a man that only seconds ago had been chained to the floor.

"Don't make me regret it." He growled.  Noah moved to walk from the cell, his eyes lingering on mine as he did. He mouthed something that I didn't quite catch.

It happened to fast, the knife was torn from my hand, and held to my throat. The point dug into my skin so hard I felt warm blood crawl down my neck.

"I'm not going to let you be just another thing he's taken from me." He whispered in my ear, a shiver crawled down my spine and the fine hairs the back of my neck and arms stood on end.

"Do it." I hissed. "I dare you."
He wasn't a man. He didn't have the guts to do what it takes. I couldn't look at Greyson as I did.

I brought my elbow back hard into the soft space between his ribs and sternum. He dropped his hold on me with a low grown that fanned the side of my ear. But before I could even move go process I was shoved to the earth and Greyson had buried the blade deep into Noah's chest.

***
I'll probably come back and edit this later🤷🏻‍♀️
Any thoughts? Theories?
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟