FORTYFOUR|ACHE

Three weeks had passed, and still there were nights I awoke drenched in my own sweat

I still felt their hands, heard their voice. But somehow it was different now..

Their grip was weaker, looser, and the claws no longer strangled me. My bite no longer bothered me, the thick black veins and subtled sulking into thin greying tendrils, that reached but never caught.

We were in the balcony again. It always came back to there.

The thing I liked about Greyson is I never had to say anything, we just stood, clicked in our own comfortable silence as we stared out over the horizon. Maybe it was me or maybe the trees seemed brighter, maybe the birds seemed gayer.

The world seemed lighter, younger and happier in body. A weight lifted from its shoulders.

Noah was gone, and now Daniel was too. Greyson and I decided the world would be far prettier without any reminders of what had been.

Every night their hold on my lessened, and one day I would like to think it would be gone completely.

I leaned my head against Greyson's broad shoulders, and he wrapped his arm around my waist, twisting me to face him.

"What?" I asked, amused.

"Nothing." He smiled, his eyes flicking down to my lips.

Before I could withdraw my mind from its far away places, his arms were around me, as sure and steady as the marble railing that pressed into my back behind me. I felt the familiar rush of helplessness, the sinking yielding, the surging tide of warmth that left me weak, he was in control.
And like the tide I didn't fight it, I let it take me.
His head lowered to mine, his soft lips brushing against mine, testing, tantalising.

Teasing, forcing me to take the lead as I press my lips to his, softly at first, and then with a swift gradation of intensity as he took control, his strong ferverence that made me cling to him as the only solid thing in a dizzy swaying world.
I raked my hands through his sinfully dark hair, a low growl rumbled from somewhere deep in his chest, sending wild tremors through my core, evoking from me sensations I had never known I was capable of feeling. And before a swimming giddiness spun me round and round, I knew that I was kissing him back.

We kiss again. The next kiss is the kind that breaks open the sky. It steals my breath and gives it back. It shows me that every other kiss I've had in my life has been wrong.

And he's kissing me. Once, twice, until I've had a taste and realize I'll never have enough. He's everywhere up my back and over my arms and suddenly he's kissing me harder, deeper, with a fervent urgent need I've never known before.

We grew desperate, bodies clinging together with only hungry, wanting sounds escaping. He lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around him as I was pushed against a wall.

I gasp for breath as he trailed dangerous open mouthed kisses along my throat. Biting and sucking he claimed  me as my own with deep purple love bites.
The only marks he would ever leave on me.

"We should to stop." He groaned more for me than himself, every syllable he spoke vibrating against my neck, I couldn't help the moan that escaped my lips.

"Why should we?"

"Are you sure?" He pulled back to look me in the eyes.

"I'm sure."

***
Drawing close to the end now :(
Thank you to all of you that took the time to read my stories!
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟