THIRTYTWO|FAKE

"Don't you understand!" He roared, I stumbled back as his glowing grey eyes locked onto mine

"Don't you understand!" He roared, I stumbled back as his glowing grey eyes locked onto mine. "You're dying."

***
There was almost a sense of finality to it. He didn't have to say it with words, but I could feel it in every heavy held syllable he spoke.

I didn't have long.

Part of me had known that the first few days dark spider like veins had begun to blacken below the surface of my skin. I had tried to ignore it, at first it was easy, there was no pain, nothing. Before long a dull aching began to grow, it festered, lingering along my collar bones, crawling down my arm.

"How can we stop it?" I didn't need to cry, I didn't need to scream. I was dying but still I couldn't bring myself to care, I had disconnected from the pain what felt like a life time ago. "Is it even possible to stop it?"

"I don't know.." A frustrated and anger filled growl ripped from his chest. "-But I know who will."

He began to walk, the casting sun lit a flame on tanned, olive skin making it appear to sparkle gold with every ripple, movement and tension of the strong, thick muscles beneath.

I followed, without hesitation like a lost puppy.

A tall white building, with a grey slanted roof and large framed windows that glinted as we approached tipped its view over the tops of the trees.

The building I had fled from not that long ago.

We cleared past the tree line, able bodies meandered across lush lawns. The building seemed bigger the closer we got, stretching upwards at least five stories.

White marble steps led up to great oak double doors. Greyson climbed the steps in seconds, leaving me struggling to catch up as he burst through the double doors. "Sirus!" He roared.

Only a few seconds had passed before a small, greying man stumbled into the great marble staircase into the open foyer.

He approached with caution, and quite rightly so, Greyson booming voice was enough to make even the strongest knees weak.

"Yes Alpha..." his voice quivered like a frightened bird, struggling to stay afloat in the wind. I could practically hear his fluttering heart beat, and his body visibly shook.

"Come." Greyson growled, starting to walk again. This time he pushed through a dark mahogany door, entering into his office that I have been in a few select times before.

Noah.
His hands. His lips.
The taste of the whiskey on his breath.

I shook away the memories. I couldn't think of that now, not ever.

Greyson sat in the large leather chair behind the desk, and Sirus and I sat in meeker bound chairs before him.

"Show him Amora."

I didn't need to be told twice, I pried my shirt away from the wound, revealing it to the elder man. He stared at the bite with anxious grey orbs.

"Oh..oh dear... do you mind if I.." He looked at me for permission, I nodded. "It's infected, her body is repelling the fake bond." He ran a aged finger along the indentations of teeth.

"How do we stop it?" Greyson grit his teeth, glaring at Sirus's finger as it traced my skin. What was wrong with him? He always seemed so... on edge. Maybe it was a wolf thing.

Sirus was silent for a long while, staring at the blackened wound. Wrinkles like worn paths through the forest folded and frayed as he frowned in concentration. "There... there might be a way.."

I pulled my shirt back over the wound.

"The Bite is trying to over ride the mate bond, creating a fake mate.. of sorts.." He swallowed, ringing his hands. "Whoever did this didn't do it to kill.." he trailed off, leaving a void that I couldn't help but fill.

"They did it to claim." The words seemed so natural to my lips, so deeply ingrained, that I didn't even hesitate. Both men stared at me in slight shock, though Greyson masked his surprise much better than Sirus.

"Yes.. exactly." Sirus muttered. "It's the war of the bonds that is kills the host. Therefor the fake make would have to be eliminated to end the battle inside her."

***
Any thoughts, theories?
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟