Damn You Bruce

This is a fanfic, I know this isn't how things happen in the comics or TV show.

He couldn't believe it, they had to be wrong. Dick looked up at his family in disbelief, he knew he was still alive. Yet, their faces, they told him otherwise.

"Guys, this is bad. Criminals in Gotham have noticed he's gone, and things are starting to get messy." Said Barbra, and Dick just got up and glared at the ground.

"I'm sorry Dickie, but he's gone. You have to step up, it can't be me or Babs. Jay is also a no, I love him, but he's too trigger happy." Said Tim, and Dick just looked back up at them, and they saw how defeated he looked.

"I'm not Bruce, I can't be like Bruce. I've tried to get away from that mantle, cuz I know I can't do things like him!" Dick Cried out, shocking them all.

"Master Richard, you have been trained the longest. You have the most experience, and Master Bruce never wanted you to become Batman if anything should happen to him, however I fear that we have no other choice. For there is nobody else." Said Alfred, and Dick sighed. Everyone in the cave was shocked to see how defeated he looked.

"This means my plans to move to Blüdheaven are going on hold, as is my chance to join Blüdheaven Police department." Dick said sadly, and then Tim realized something.

"What about Nightwing? You're part of the team, you seriously can't just vanish." Tim Said, and Dick just groaned.

"Damn it, this means I need to ask some JLA members for help. I have to now work two hero identities, as well as keep up My civilian life?!? Great, just great. Just when I thought that I would finally get away from Batman, I have to become him! Again! While simultaneously keeping up with me and Bruce's schedules, and manage to sleep?!?" Dick said, as he finally vented. Tim and Barbra were shocked, they'd never seen him act this way before.

"Don't worry, you'll be able to do it. I know you will, you did it before." Said Tim cheerfully, making Dick wince.

"Yeah, no. Never again, but Tim, this is just like last time. Bruce is gone, leaving me with a shit ton of work and responsibilities that can drown a person." Dick said, and Tim felt really sorry for his older brother.

"Hey, don't worry. Me and Babs are here to help you, that's why we have the BatClan, it's to give each other support." Said Tim, and Dick scoffed.

"I'm pretty sure it's cuz none of us can keep our noses away from that grandfather clock." Dick said, making the two others laugh.

"Well, you better inform Clark, Diana, J'onn, Barry, Oliver, and Dinah before you go to bed. Tomorrow, Batman comes home." Said Tim, as he headed up to bed, and Barbra Zeta out of the cave.

Dick sighed, as he approached the Batcomputer. Dreading what he was about to commit to again, under pretty much the same terms.

'Bru-oh, hi Dick. What can I do for you?" Asked Clark, and Dick sighed.

"Please Tell Diana, J'onn, Ollie, Barry, and Dinah that Bruce is gone. I'm taking over as Batman, cuz Bruce has been MIA for a week now. We can't wait any longer, things have gotten out of control again here in Gotham." He said, and Clark looked shocked.

'Wait, you're putting on the cape and cowel?!?' Superman Cried out, and Dick stoically nodded.

"Yes, who do you think was Batman while y'all were off in space on trial? I was, Gotham needs Batman, and I just have to accept the fact that I keep having to take up the job under really crappy circumstances." Dick said.

'Well, I'm here if you need me. I'll inform the two of this development, and Dick. Please, don't overwork yourself, you're barely eighteen and a half. You're too young to be handling some of these responsibilities.' Said Clark.