New Bats

Ok, so they had been training hard for the past three hours. Getting a feel for the two girls fighting styles, and Dick had to admit, they were good.

Barbra has already taught them how to Batglare, Bat talk, and she touched how to do some detective work. The two girls already knew how to sneak around, they were masters at martial arts, could use various weapons, and where fluent in many languages.

"Ok, we should be good. You two are obviously well trained, and you're clearly not beginners. You have worked out how to use our weapons, and can use them expertly already. Now all that's left is finishing up your suits." I Said, as I showed them to where their suits currently are. We have Spoiler in a deep purple, and Orphan in black. The two seem to like this, so I sigh in relief.

"Ok, now get some sleep. You're gonna want to be well rested, trust me." I Said, the two girls nodded, then went off to catch some sleep. I probably should to, cuz I'm currently running off half an hour of sleep. You know what, I'll just ask Alfred for a coffee.

Time skip...

Patrol wast so bad today, six new villains popped up, but with our new help, we managed pretty well. I sent the others off to bed, then started doing some research.

Why where so many villains popping up, and why have they been attacking where they have?

That's when the computer screen shows something that makes my stomach drop, this is bad. This is very bad, how did they even figure out how to do this?!?!

I got out of the chair fast, and made sure I was in Batman suit. I was, but, I can't Hunk like him right now. So I changed into Nightwing, then rushed through the Zeta, and to the Watchtower.

When I arrived, I was in a state of panic. I was so stupid! I had been letting those attacks distract me from seeing the truth. Some team members rushed to the Tube,  but I needed the people who've been helping me get through this past year.

"Nightwing!" I turned around and saw the founding seven, minus Flash, as obviously Bruce. I rushed over to them, and they must have seen my distressed face, cuz they brought me straight to the conference room.

"Dick, what's wrong?" Asked Diana, and I just ripped my mask off.

"I've been an idiot, I was so stupid!" I Said as I punched the wall, I actually took some of it out.

"Dick, what's going on?" Asked Clark, and I just turned around and looked at them.

"All the attacks, all the new villains. It was deliberate, they've been planting bombs all around Gotham, and purposefully making our lives a living hell. They've wanted us too distracted and tired to see their real plan, a plan Joker tried to do years ago." I Said, as I sank down the wall.

"What would that be?" Asked Hawk Girl, I looked up at them with tears in my eyes.

"To blow up Gotham City." I Said, as some tears fell from my eyes. They gasped, it was hard to believe, but they've figured out how Joker almost did it.

"How?" Asked Green Lantern, and I took a shaky breath.

"The smaller bombs they've been planting, there meant to seal off the city, trap as many people as they can in Gotham. Then drop a bomb, most likely a nuke on Gotham. Leaving nothing behind, and killing everyone." I Said, as more tears fell down my face.

"Great Hera." Said Diana.

"If Bruce has been here, he probably could have figured this out before it was too late. I fell right into their trap, I've just doomed Gotham." I Said, as I cried. I guess I have finally cracked, that the pressure has finally gotten to me.

"Can't you evacuate Gotham?" Asked J'honn, and I shook my head no.

"No, not enough time. Not unless I invite other heroes in, or have the citizens get Zeta out. There just aren't enough means to get them out before we have to fight all the villains to stop the bombs, the bombs can't be activated till the villains have me and my siblings unable to fight on." I Said, and the founders knelt down next to me.

"Dick, you have to let others help." Diana Said, but I just looked up at her.

"That's just it, we've got two new Bats, and now that means there's seven of us. But there isn't enough time, I did the calculations, the most time we have is one day, one day before all hell breaks loose in Gotham." I Said, as I looked at them.

"What about Bruce?" Asked Clark, and I broke down even more.

"He's still in a coma, and I'm gonna move him to the Batcave. Worst case, Alfred will be able to use the Zeta and get them both out of Gotham before the bombs go off. Me and the others have to stay and fight, we can't just abandon all the people who live in our city." I Said, and that's when I felt a hand on my shoulder. Looking up, it was Dinah, one of my mother figures.

"Dick, please. You need help, you need us." She said, and I just stood up.

"You don't get it, Gotham has a population of around three hundred thousand people. There is no amount of help that we could ask for that would save everyone!" I Screamed, making them all jump back. That's when my com went off, I paled. Then answering it, I steadied my breathing.

"Nightwing." I Said, and that's when my ear practically was blown up.

'GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE NOW GOLDEN BOY, BOMBS ARE GOING OFF AND CIVILIANS ARE GETTING TRAPPED! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU YOU ASS, GET YOUR ASS HERE RIGHT NOW BEFORE I FILL YOU FULL OF LEAD!' Jason screamed at me, and that got me moving. I put on my mask and bolted to the Zeta, ignoring the JLA members. That is, till someone grabbed me.

"Let me go Clark." I Said, but he kept hold on me.

"No, we can't let you. You look exhausted, and quite frankly, you are stressed." He said, and I yanked myself free.

"I've got to do Clark, I'm needed." I noticed how some of the team had gathered. I even saw Wally, but I didn't give a shit.

"Batman is not gonna be able to save Gotham, I need to go and help my family. So let me go, or I will tell Batman when he's up and running." I threatened, but I felt someone try to sneak up behind me. I caught them, and threw hem into Superman. That's when I bolted to the Zeta, and went to Gotham. Good thing to, cuz all the Zetas lost power to Gotham, that meant I had to hurry.

-0-0-0-

Wally

That was Dick, but he seemed different. I've known him long enough to know when he's barely keeping it together, which rarely happens. Yet, he is past his breaking point.

I sped to the computer, and pulled up Gotham. It was horrible. Citizens running around screaming, the bat clan trying to do what they can, and villains everywhere.

"My god, we have to help them!" Cried out Cassy, but I only shook my head no.

"Other heroes aren't allowed in Gotham unless Batman lets them, otherwise you get forced out. If not by the bat clan, then by the citizens." I Said, and she seemed to still be worried. I was to, with only five people protecting Gotham, things may not end well.