Change

News about Gotham spread like wild fire, it was all anyone was talking about. Civilians and heroes alike, much to a certain family's distress.

Everyone was relieved when they saw Batman acting normal again, especially Wally. However, only certain League members have been able to see the Bats that were currently recovering in the Watchtower med bay.

Everyone saw the Gotham heroes getting rushed to the med bay, even Nightwing. They still had no clue what had been happening in Gotham, and they weren't sure they wanted to anymore.

After the fourth day, that's when they got some answers. That's also the day that a few bat kids were able to leave the bed, to help inform them on what happened in Gotham.

"Ok, so as you know. Gotham has been worse, well, we just didn't realize how bad it was till it was almost too late to do anything." Batgirl Said, and then Stephanie stepped forward.

"Last month, Gotham got cut off from the rest of the world. Our satellites were hit, cell towers, most of our ways out of the city, and Arkham was hit.

You all probably heard that Gotham has gotten way worse this last year, and that crime has gone up. We just didn't realize what really was going on, not till the first wave." Spoiler Said, and she backed up, Robin limped forward.

"All of Gotham was in danger, the villains were merely a distraction. To keep us from noticing all the bombs that were planted through the city, some of them blew, cutting off some of our most important communication and evacuation places." Then he stood back, and Jason stepped forward.

"So, this past month, we've been trying to defuse all the bombs, and prevent a nuke from being dropped on Gotham.

We took turns, rotated who slept and who didn't. Rotated who helped civilians and who took down some of the endless villains that had just come out of nowhere. Took turns in who had to defuse bombs, and who led civilians to safety.

It's been stressful, but we managed. Luckily Nightwing was able to get a local com frequency working, otherwise, there would be no Gotham right now. The one com channel, that's what allowed us to keep working." Jason Said, then he stepped back. Then Batman stepped forward.

"There were no reported casualties, however, there were many people injured. This includes Red Robin, Orphan, and Nightwing. Who still are recovering, we will be heading back to Gotham later today. For not much of the city was left untouched by destruction." Batman Said, then he led the bat kids back to the med bay.

"God, they've dealt with so much, alone." Megan said, and Wally clenched his fist.

"That's the point, they don't like to ask for help. They think they can keep everything to themselves, but they can't. I know it, they aren't telling us something." Wally Said, and everyone just shrugged.

"I'm fine with them keeping some secrets, after all. They scare the shit out of me, and I don't feel like dealing with an angry bat." Will(clone Roy, Red Arrow) said, as he cradled his daughter.

Time skip....

The Bats has all left to go back to Gotham, and things went back to normal. However, they all couldn't help but wonder, why all the bat kids never left Nightwing alone.

He didn't train them, Batman did. So why would they be discussing things to do their next training session with him? It made no sense, and made questions pop up.

Who trained the bat kids? Was it Batman, or was it Nightwing?

Sorry for such a short chapter, but I'll probably add more another time. For now, I hope you've enjoyed this. Thanks Piffzzz for helping me write this, and may the force be with you, and may the odds be ever in your favor.