Chapter Five

Liam's POV

"That was great!" Harry exclaimed as we ran of the small stage. 

We had just finished our last song of the night "Live While We're Young." It was the first time we had played it at a gig and the crowd seemed to have enjoyed it, which was the main thing. I loved singing and performing in front of people, I got such a high from it. I could just lose myself in the music and just forget about everything for a while. We only played in small bars and pubs and wherever anyone would have us but it was such a thrill. 

I followed the boys out of the backstage area and into the pub. We walked through the crowd and found  our way to the bar were the boys ordered beers and I got a coke. 

"So are you guys crashing at mine again tonight or what?" I asked as I took a sip of my drink.

I don't know why we didn't just all get a place together, but I guess you wouldn't want to here Louis and Harry fucking all night. And if Niall brought anyone home like he sometimes did, it would break my heart just that little bit more. We lived quite close together though. So we could go over to each others houses when ever we wanted. The boys liked staying at mine mostly, apparently its a lot cleaner and nicer to hang out at. Don't get me wrong I'm not like a clean freak or anything, I just like things to be tidy. 

"I think Lou and I are gonna go to my place tonight." Harry said.

"Okay then!" I looked at Zayn and Niall and raised my eyebrows questiongly at them.

"I think I'll stay at yours if that's okay Li!" Zayn responded.

I looked at Niall, hoping that he would say he would stay too. I bet you're thinking, why do you want him to stay? Isn't it harder for you? Yes it is. But it's nice to know he's there, and not getting it on with some random girl you know. 

"Nah it's okay Li, I am gonna have a good nights sleep tonight." Niall said. Did I see a look of dissapointment in his eyes when he said that? No it must have been the light.

"Okay then. I don't want to be to late back Zayn so don't have to many beers." I said smiling at him.

"I'll just finish this one and then we can go, I want to talk to you about something anyway." 

I was about to ask what he wanted to talk to me about but he had already turned around and was talking to the boys.

I wonder what he wants to talk to me about..? 

Niall's POV

The gig was amazing! I really needed something to lift my spirits up after todays escapade with Liam. I am so glad he was okay. I feel like he has been avoiding me lately and I don't know why. I had asked the boys if I had done something wrong but they were just as clueless as I was. It hurt me to know that I might have done or said something to upset him in anyway. 

I had been feeling a bit confused towards Liam lately. Every time I looked at him or we touched, I got this weird feeling in my stomach. I don't know what was happening to me. I shouldn't be feeling anything towards my best friend. Maybe it was good that he was avoiding me! Maybe if I stayed away from him for a little while this feeling would go away! 

I was interrupted from my thoughts by Harry pushing me lightly through the crowd towards the bar. We all ordered beers except for Liam who got a coke. It was so cute how he didn't drink. Partly because he couldn't because of his kidney but partly because he was such a worry wort and liked to look after us all. 

Oh fuck. Did I just call him cute? Ugh I needed this feeling to go away. Quickly.

I zoned back into the conversation just in time to catch what Liam was saying. Something about us staying at his place tonight. Harry and Louis were saying that they wern't.