Chapter Thirteen

Liam's POV

Niall didn't come back. Zayn had waited a while with me but then had gone home as it was getting late. I was alone for the first time in the hospital. Niall had always stayed with me but now he wasn't here as he had gone off with Skye. Zayn had tried to tell me that he was probably just telling her about how it couldn't work between them. I didn't believe him. It didn't take that long to tell someone that.

Immedietly after Zayn had left I started to cry. I had managed to hold it together but now I just let the tears fall freely. I loved Niall so much and he just had to go and play with my feelings. 

I was so relieved I was going home tomorrow, I could finally just sit at home until I got better. I could block out everyone and try and forget my feelings for Niall and that he had ever kissed me. Why did he say he loved me and then go out with Skye and not come back? He probably realized he did't love me and just ran away. I would have appreciated it if he had just come and told me to my face that what he said was stupid. I'm kinda glad I didn't tell him I loved him, I would have been even more humiliated. 

I just needed to get out of this fucking hospital room and get home. Once I was at home I could just try and forget everything. I didn't want to see Niall for a while. 

I wiped the tears from my face with my cast free hand and pulled the hospital blankets closer around my face and closed my eyes. Before I fully fell asleep I heard the door creak slightly behind me. I didn't turn around. If it was Niall I just wanted him to leave so I kept my eyes closed. 

"Li? You awake?" I heard Niall whisper behind me. His voice sounded closer than I expected so I tried not to stir. I heard him sigh and then heard the faint sound of the chair beside my bed being slightly moved. It was quiet for a while but then there was the sound of heavy breathing suggesting Niall had fallen asleep. 

I was hoping he wouldn't have come back. Now when I wake up in the morning it is going to be as awkward as hell. I was to exhausted to think about to think about it though so I let my eyelids fall shut once again and tried to block out Niall's light snores from beside me. 

Niall's POV

I spent the whole day with Skye trying to forget about Liam before I had to go back. It was hard. Skye was lovely but everytime I looked at her she would remind me of Liam and what had happened. I felt guilty for what I had done. 

I was thinking about not going back to the hospital tonight but come back tomorrow when I was refreshed, but I needed to get it over and done with. I dropt Skye of at her house and said goodbye and then turned around and headed back to the hospital. 

When I arrived it had just started getting dark and there were not many cars in the parking lot. I parked nearest to the entrance and walked inside. The nurses knew the boys and I by now and they didn't bother telling us that visiting times were over as they knew we would just argue with them to stay.

I smiled at the young girl at the reception as I passed and made my way to the elevators. The doors opened almost immediatly and I stepped inside the small space. 

Apart of me hoped Liam would be a sleep when I got there but then another part of me just wanted it to be over and done with. 

The doors opened when it reached the right floor and I stepped out into the deserted corridor. I made why to Liam's room and stepped inside. His back was facing me so I couldn't see if he was awake.

"Li? You awake?" I whispered softly. Nothing. I would just have to talk to him tomorrow then. I sighed inwardly and moved to sit in the chair next to his bed. I slouched down in the seat trying to get comfortable. I soon fell asleep and didn't wake up until the morning.