Chapter Eight

Zayn's POV

The loud buzzing of my phone woke me up from my sleep. I groaned and stuck my hand out from under the covers to grab it off my bed side table. I squinted at the screen, the sudden bright light hurting my eyes. 1 new message from Niall I read. 

Niall: Come over to Liam's soon. Gonna invite Lou and Haz. 

Zayn: Sure, but why so early :( 

Niall: It's 10:30 mate.. 

I groaned again and pulled the covers over my head. I had already been woken up and I coudn't get back to sleep so I decided to just get up. I swung my legs over the side of the bed and grabbed some random clothes of the floor tugging them on as I got up. I quickly txted Louis to tell him and Harry to meet me halfway so we could walk to Liam's together. I was surprised that Liam hadn't already txted me to tell me to hurry up as he would be feeling awkward with just Niall and him. 

I didn't expect Liam to be in love with Niall. I just thought he liked him. I had guessed Liam liked Niall a few weeks ago, it wasn't hard to see if you looked at both of them in a room together. The way Liam always looked for him when he came into a room and how is eyes lit up a little when he saw him and how he looked at him with such emotion in his eyes. Things had changed in the last few weeks though. Liam still looked at him that way but with something more like sadness. I was worried about him, all he did now was mope about trying to avoid Niall. It wasn't good for him. He needed to get out, to try and forget about his feelings for Niall. I'm not saying Niall didn't like/love him back, which was a possibility. He had been giving Liam some looks lately but I wasn't going to ask him if he liked Liam especially now he had a girlfriend. Liam just needed to get out for a night to forget about Niall for a little while. 

I grabbed my wallet, keys and jacket before walking out the door. I half walked half jogged down the road towards the place I was going to meet Louis and Harry, I was already a bit late so I picked up my pace. I could see two figures ahead of me and as I got closer I saw the familiar faces of my two best friends. 

"Took you long enough." Harry greeted as I reached them.

"Shut up, I was asleep." I responded chuckling. 

They both laughed and we started walking in the direction of Liam's flat. We walked in a comfortable silence for a while until Louis spoke.

"How's Hailee mate?" Louis asked politely. Hailee was my girlfriend. We had been together for a year now and she meant the world to me. 

"She is good! Just busy with work and everything at the moment. She wants to see you guys soon though." I replied. We talked about her for a little while longer but then stopped as we turned the corner and saw the commotion ahead of us. 

There was a car stopped in the middle of the road, with an ambulance and police cars next to it. There was a crowd of people surrounding the accident so we couldn't see what was going on. As we got closer the crowd was starting to part and a group of paremedics with a stretcher walked through the gap the crowd had made. The person on the stretcher looked familar. My eyes widened as I realised who it was. 

"LIAM!" I screamed out sprinting the rest of the way. I could hear Louis and Harry running after me as quickly as they could. Before I could get to Liam's side, someone stepped in front of me and grabbed hold of me to stop me going further. I struggled against the restraint trying too get to my best friends side. 

"LET ME THE FUCK GO! LIAM! OH MY GOD!" I shouted trying to get free. 

"Hey, hey it's okay, your friends gonna be alright okay? Calm down." The person who was holding me back said.