Chapter Fourteen

Niall's POV

My alarm clock woke me up from my restless sleep and I fumbled for it in the dimly lit room to turn the annoying beeping sound off. I hadn't got any sleep last night and just as I was about to doze off my bloody alarm had to wake me. I had been thinking about Liam and what I was going to do about the whole situation surrounding us all night. 

I had decided that all I wanted was Liam. I loved him and I had to break up with Skye. I had to do it today. I didn't want to lie to anyone any more.

I untangled my body from the covers that I covered my self in last night and unceremoniously got out of my bed.

As I made my way to the bathroom I stripped out of my t-shirt and boxes. I stepped into the shower and turned the tap on. I jumped slightly as the cold water hit my back but I made no move away from it as it slowly started getting hotter. The cold water woke me fully and I quickly washed myself before shutting off the stream of water and stepping out and grabbing a towel. I dried my self off and walked back into my room. I put some fresh clothes on and grabbed my phone to text Skye. 

Niall: I need to talk to you. Can I come over in 15? 

As I waited for a reply I moved to the kitchen to look for something to eat. I looked through the cupboard and found some cereal. I grabbed a bowel from the adjoining cupboard and then grabbed some milk and a spoon. 

When I just started eating my phone buzzed loudly against the table top. I reached for it quickly, scanning the screen.

Skye: Sure babe! See you soon x

I sighed at the text but I knew I had to do it. It was the right thing to do. 

I scoffed down the rest of my cereal and put everything away before I grabbed my phone and keys. 

It didn't take me long to get to Sky's flat as the traffic was light. I didn't go in immediatly but sat  outside calming my self down and thinking about what I was going to say.

I let out a big breathe before stepping out of the car and making my way towards Skye's door. When I reached it, I knocked firmly on the wood and stood back a step. I heard footsteps from inside and the door opened revealing Skye's smiling face. She grabbed my hand and pulled me inside and I tried not to stumble over the threshold as she did so. 

 "I didn't expect to see you today! What did you want to talk to me about?" She exclaimed when we reached the sitting room. 

 She had pulled me down onto the couch with her but I pulled my hand out of her grip before I replied. 

"Skye...this..us isn't working out." I said looking up at her. 

"What are you saying Niall?" She replied her tone a bit harsher now. 

"I'm breaking up with you. There's someone else who I love and I can't keep lieing to you. I'm really sorry." I said standing up from the couch. 

"You can't do this!" Skye spoke rising from the couch and standing in front of me. 

"I'm sorry Skye. I-I have to go. I'm sorry." I quickly made my way back to the front door and fumbled to  open it. I slipped out before Skye could stop me. Before the door slammed shut behind me I heard Skye shouting "i won't let this go' or something along those lines. I jogged down the steps and jumped into my car. 

That hadn't gone as smoothly as I had planned.

Liam's POV

 I was just in the process of making myself a cup of tea when the loud knocking on my front door interupted me. I placed the kettle back in its holder and grabbed the crutches next to me so I could hobble to the door without falling over which I had a done a few times all ready. The knocking had stopped but started again with more urgency than before. 

 I balanced myself on one crutch and opened the door with my good arm. I saw a shock of blonde hair and I immediatly knew who it was before I even opened the door wider. 

Niall stood on the doorstep with an anxious expression on his face which made him look adorable. I gave him a weak smile and moved a side to let him in. As he did so his arm brushed against mine and a shiver went up my spine. I took a deep breathe and closed my eyes for a second before closing the door and following Niall down the hall and into the kitchen. 

 "Did you mean what you said Li?" Niall said before I had a chance to speak.

"What are you talking about?" I replied giving him a confused look. I'm pretty sure I knew what he was on about but I didn't want to say it. 

He gave a loud huff before speaking again. I had seated myself at the kitchen counter by this point and Niall had moved closer towards me which made my heart quicken ever so slightly. 

"At the hospital. Did you mean what you said about loving me back?" He said quietly.

"Y-yes." I replied almost in a whisper. He had moved closer to me again trying to catch what I said. He wasn't responding so I looked up to see him grinning from ear to ear. 

"I broke up with Skye." He said finally, still smiling. My heart fluttered at those words. Did he break up with her because of me? "I'm in love with you Li! Always have been." He continued. "I broke up with her because I love you. I couldn't lie to her any more. And I'm so sorry about what happened at the hospital." 

"Really?" I managed to choke out. 

"Yes really." 

"I thought-I thought you could never love me!" I said finally looking up into the deep blue eyes I knew so well. 

"Well you were wrong." he said closing the distance between us. 

My heart beat started to increase as I realised what was happening. I felt Niall's warmth breathe on my lips and my eye lids fluttered closed. The next feeling I felt was Niall's warm lips pressed against mine. I immediately started kissing him back and our lips molded together perfectly. As Niall's hands were around my neck I placed mine on his hips pulling him closer into me and deepening the kiss. I flicked my tongue out running it along Niall's bottom lip and he smiled giving me entrance into his mouth.

Kissing Niall felt so right.

I gently pulled away from Niall's lips after a while, gasping for air. I leaned my for head against his and closed my eyes enjoying the feeling of having Niall so close to me. When my breathing had slowed I opened my eyes and was met with two blue ones looking straight into mine. 

"I love you." he whispered not dropping his gaze.

"I love you too." I murmured. 

I felt so happy in that moment. I felt like nothing could ever bring me down. I could finally call Niall mine. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

AWW NIAM KISS xD Hope you guys liked it :) Only 6 more chapters to go D: