PROLOGUE

She couldn't cry anymore. She couldn't feel anything anymore. She didn't know what to do anymore. She had no one to turn to. No one to console her, try to convince her that maybe, just maybe, it was worth smiling again. It was worth putting the effort to live again. That it was worth the effort to feel again. That everything was worth it.

She would do anything to see them again, but she couldn't. It was so hard trying to get through every single day without collapsing and she hated it. She missed being able to feel joy, love and hope. She missed living her life without the constant void separating her from those around her. Most of all, she missed them.

They gave her hope. They made her feel. They could break the void. However, considering it was their absence that created it in the first place, she doubted the void would ever go away. That she would be able to connect with people again. That she would be able to share a bond with anyone ever again.

She felt tears pouring out of her eyes as she thought about her best friend - all the times they spent together. Back then, they had been more than best friends. They had been sisters. But she was gone! Gone with the wind, to another world, to begin a new chapter of her life!

They say that destiny is set in stone. Why would God give anyone a golden opportunity, only to snatch it away at the most opportune moment? She had it all, and all she did was complain. And now, nothing was left worth living for.

She collapsed on the bed and closed her eyes. Images of the two of them danced in front of her. She knew she would never come out of this, not with the guilt that will always weigh down her heart.