Chapter 5

Y/n's POV

I had just woke up to the sun rays blinding me through the barred up windows. I looked over to Zuri's bed to see she wasn't there. I got up and headed out of the room and towards the courtyard. Their sat at a table was Zuri, drawing with AJ and Tenn, with Violet and Clementine watching over them. Zuri noticed me coming out of the room and waved me over. I smiled in response before yawning and stretching. I decided to make my way over to their table. Once I got there I noticed Clementine had a map in her hands. "What's that?" I asked her. "It's the map of the 'safe zone' and stuff..." She replied. "Oh.." is all I could think of saying at that point. "Hey, Y/n. I'm going fishing soon...With Brody.. Clementine's going hunting with Louis and Aasim. I was wondering if you'd like to...erm.. come fishing with us..?" Violet asked. "Of course Vi. When do we leave?" I asked. She realeased a breath she didn't know she was holding before replying. "In about ten minutes." "Can I go hunting with Clementine and AJ?" Zuri asked. "Well... It's up to Clementine. I would feel bad that she has to keep an eye on two youngsters..." I replied. "It's fine Y/n. AJ wanted Zuri to come so he can get to know her better so I said she can, but she had to ask you first. I will take good care of her I promise." "Okay then. Zuri, you better listen to Clementine. If she wants you to do something--" "I do it." Zuri cut in. "Exactly." I said before ruffling her hair. "Why hello ladies." Louis said as he approached the group. "Are you ready to get goin'?" Aasim asked. "Yup. Come on kiddos. Let's go hunting!" Clementine said. "Cya laters." I said as Louis, Aasim, Clementine, AJ, and Zuri headed out of the gates and off to the hunting grounds. "We better get ready to go too." Violet said. "Yeah." "Cya in 5 at the gates?" She asked. "You bet-cha." I said before going to my room that I share with Zuri to grab my bow. I met up with Violet and Brody at the gate and we made our way out of the gates and off to the fishing shack.

We mostly talked on the way there. Well me and Brody or Violet and I. They never spoke to each other though because of their past. Violet still blamed Brody for the Twin's deaths. "I'm uhh... Gonna go check the traps..." Brody said. I nodded in reply while Violet just crossed her arms and huffed. "You okay?" I asked her. "..Yeah..." She replied. "I'm going to get the spears." I said recieving a small nod from Violet. "Yeah okay.." She said quietly. I walked inside the fishing shack and was instantly met with the carving on the wall of V + M. I shook my head to stop myself from thinking to much about it and looked around for two spears. I found them and was about to head back out when a cat skull caught my eye. I picked it up and put it in my backpack that I had brought with me. I've heard AJ and Clementine like collectables like these...Maybe I can give it to them? I headed out of the shack, closing the rusty, old, red door behind me. I saw Violet in the same position as last time but this time on a rock near the river. I walked up to her cautiously and gave her the other spear. "Thanks." She said before digging it into the water. I did the same shortly after. Violet sighed before talking. "I'm sorry I've not been hanging around you as much as I used to...It's just that Clementine is new and I want her to feel welcomed with us..." I saw a small smile creep it's way onto her face. "mhm.. It looks like our good ol' Violet has a crush on our newest and dearest Clementine.." I said fake mocking a british accent. Violet laughed at the horrible attempt before realising what I had said. "What? no... I like someone else.." Violet said. "That's what they all say.." I mumbled all of a sudden getting upset with myself for saying she had a crush on Clementine because I knew it would only hurt my feelings more if she admitted it. "I mean I like her as a friend but not as something else.. I feel like she has something for Louis as that's all she talks about. But er I hope she doesn't like me that way or I will feel guilty.." I shared a laugh with Violet before we finished up our work.

Violet and Brody had finally made up their differences and we were all headed to the hunting grounds to find the others. We didn't find them at first but we did find a walker hanging in one of the traps dead. We also found some of the traps cut loose and a cigarette lying by one of the traps. It looks as though our traps had been sabotaged. "There you guys are!" Brody exclaimed spotting the other 5 coming out of the bushes. "No luck?" I asked seeing that Aasim only had a rabbit slumped over his shoulder. "No this was all we could find. Our traps have all been cut loose." Aasim replied. "Shit!" Brody said, starting to panic. "Brody calm down.." Louis said and attempted to calm her down. "DON'T tell me what to do.!" She replied taking in deep breathes. "I've got to tell Marlon about this.." She said before taking off. "I'll take this haul back to the school" Aasim said. Violet handed him the bucket full of fish before he took off. "Well what are we going to do now?" Violet asked. "We need to find some food otherwise we'd all be eating rocks.." Louis replied. "You can't eat rocks!" AJ and Zuri replied in unison before getting a glare from Louis. "I'm aware." He said. Clementine pulled out the map and looked for another place to find some food. "The train station." She stated, pointing at it on the map. "But that's out of the 'safe zone'." Violet replied. "Yeah but their was food there when AJ and I passed through.." She said before making her way there with AJ, not waiting for a reply from us. Louis shrugged his shoulders and made an effort to catch up with Clem. Zuri, Violet and I following shortly after.