Chapter 13

3rd Person POV

Clementine's dream

"Clem." "Lee?" She asked, voice shaking. "Hey sweet-pea." "Why the train, you always pick the train." Lee asked, looking around at the passing scenery. "I'm not sure. Maybe because this is where it all started." She replied, nodding her head. "Where you taught me to shoot, and to cut my hair. To be ready for anything." "You were a quick study." Lee said. After a moment of silence Lee spoke up. "So, what's on your mind this time?" He asked. "I'm worried Lee. I've got a lot of people depending on me, and I don't know if what I'm doing is right." Clementine replied. "Oh, I know that feeling." Lee replied, referring to only having guessed with when Clementine was in his care. Clementine chuckled. "Yeah I know you was making it up as you went along, Lee.." "You want to tell me about what you're up against?" Lee asked the young girl he had once took care off. "I'm with a new group now. I've been in so many and they all fall apart. But this one feels different, and I like it." Clementine replied to her former guardian. "It almost feels like home.." Clementine added. "But we're in trouble, some bad people captured some of my friends. And getting them back might get the rest of us killed." After a few seconds of silence Lee put his hand on Clementine's shoulder and said; "I'm not worried." Getting a surprised look from the girl. "What?" She said confused. "Whatever trouble you're in, you'll get out of it. You'll get your friends out of it." Lee clarified to the girls earlier confusion. "You don't know that!" Clementine replied. "I know you're a survivor, Clementine. That I know for sure." He replied to the unsure girl. "Yeah I made it this far didn't I?" Clementine stated. "You sure did when a lot of others couldn't. Never give in Clementine." 

"Imagine how happy Y/n will be to see you. Those kids are going to have hope again knowing that you came to rescue them."  Clementine whimpered, scared. "You always get like this before something big. Remember how scared you were before charging into that mess at the McCarroll ranch and you survived that, didn't you?" "That was different. I was alone." Clementine replied. "I know. It's harder when you have something to lose. But having people you care about is a good thing." Lee said before continuing "Friends. A boy who loves you. They're fighting beside you. Because of you." Lee stood up before speaking again. "Come see me again when you've gotten everybody out and safe." He said. "Out and safe." Clementine repeated. "I miss you Lee." She said after a moment of silence. "I miss you too Clementine." He replied. "Hows the boy?" Lee asked from the other side of the box-cart. "He's good. A good learner too." She replied. "Have you taught him to shoot yet?" Lee asked. "You have no idea." She replied with a chuckle. Clementine jumped up from where she sat and wrapped her arms around her former guardian. The train horn went off and Lee looked away only to look back at Clementine and see she was her grown up self. "Wow. Just look at you." He said, earning a chuckle from the teenager. He grabbed a fistful of her hair. "I thought I told you to keep this short." He said. "You have no idea how hard it is to find scissors these days." Clementine replied. Lee started to walk to the back of the box cart, where it was dark; "Time to go Clementine. You've got people who need you." He said. "Goodbye Lee." Clementine said, before everything went dark.

"Clementine it's time to wake up." Louis said, gently shaking her awake from her slumber on the hard wooden floor of the music room. The rest had already awoken, rubbing at their eyes tiredly before suddenly getting a burst of energy realising what they were about to be doing; the rescue mission. "Let's get them back!" Violet tried to sound enthusiastic, but her raspy voice sounded way too sleepy at this time of the morning and it just sounded like mumbles to the others, earning some chuckles at the failed attempt. "Wakey wakey, Vi. We gotta get your girl back." Louis said, helping Clementine up and walking out of the room, with the others in tow. 

They had all walked to the meet up place just outside of the Delta and Clementine waited until a walker was shot down by the Raiders on the top deck, before dragging it to the others. "Ugh I guess we're really doing this." Ruby said, as everyone gathered around. "Only the team blending in with the walkers will need to cover themselves. So that's me, AJ, Zuri, Violet and Louis." Clementine said. "Now we just need your walker friend to--" Ruby got cut off by AJ and Zuri. "He's here!"They shouted in unison. "Good lord.." Ruby said. "Uh hello." James said, waving. Everyone turned to look at him with shocked faces. "Guys this is James." Clementine introduced them. "He's cool." Zuri said. "Yeah and our friends." AJ said afterwards. "He's uh.." Tenn started only to be cut off by Willy. "So cool!" "How do you get the skin like that?" He asked. "Oh..err. Clementine?" James said, clearly nervous. "Willy come on. Give him some space." "Okay yeah..sorry." Violet walked up to James. "Hey there James...Sorry about Willy." She said. Louis also butted in "Yeah he's easily fascinated with everything. Don't worry about him." "Um Clementine could I speak to you alone for a moment?" James asked. "Yeah." They said walking away from the group.