Chapter 8

Upon hearing the familiar voice, Didi launched himself on the newcomer and trapped him in a headlock.

"You jackass!"

"Whoa whoa wait! What did I do?!" Kuan's torso is about to level on the floor because of Didi's weight. Despite being taller, Kuan is no match to Didi's strength.

"You never told me you courted Shen Yue before!" Didi tightened his grip.

"What the heck?! That was eons ago and I never told anyone about it!"

"You told Xi Ze!" Didi said while releasing Kuan, the latter struggled getting up while rubbing his neck. Their age difference never mattered to them, atleast for Didi being the youngest, but he bullies everyone.

Kuan looked at Didi with his confused expression and then in a split second realisation dawned on him...

"Oh!"

"Unbelievable" Didi said

"Yeah, sorry I forgot. I told Xi Ze once, but that's it, right Xi Ze?"

"You told me when I was teasing you with Yi Han." Xi Ze replied.

Kuan held his chin, nodding, recalling the incident.

"Hmmm...yeah, that's right."

"You forgot about it?!" Didi said clearly amazed and annoyed at the same time.

This guy is seriously the weirdest.

"I forgot I told Xi Ze but I didn't forget that I was once interested in Shen Yue." Kuan said with his deadpan expression.

"You!" Didi said pointing a finger at Kuan.

"But that was long ago, and what's the big deal?"

"Didn't you even notice that I liked her?!"

Kuan shrugged. "I thought you just liked picking on her."

"Kuan, that's his love language. He picked on her because he likes her." Xi Ze explained.

"Regardless, what's the big deal?"

"He's territorial."

"What? Like a dog?"

"Kind of"

"You guys are assholes." Didi grumbled, leaving the two behind.

Kuan and Xi Ze snickered.

Kuan hit Xi Ze on the arm.

"Oi help me with my stuff."

"What the heck are you doing here anyway?"

"Didn't you know? This is Meteor Group reunion." Kuan joked.

"Huh? You're kidding."

"Actually yes, Kang isn't coming. Scheduling conflicts."

"I see. Let's go to the staff rooms then."

"Huh?"

"Why?! Everyone stays there!" Xi Ze cried out.

"I'm a guest."

————————-

Shen Yue is rushing to do the finishing touches for the party. She spent her time in the kitchen to make sure everything in Tao Jie's menu are being prepared. Holding a bunch of decorative materials, she ran towards the receiving area.

"Wah!" She closed her eyes bracing for an impact when a tall figure appeared out of nowhere.

"Whoa, there." Kuan held her shoulders to lessen the impact.