Chapter 9

"Let's play a game."

Yue eyed him suspiciously.

"What?"

"Is this the kind where we need to take our clothes off? Because I am not participating in your perverted pursuits, Wang He Di."

"Whoa, whoa, stop right there woman! Who said it's going to be perverted?!"

"It's...it's not?" Shen Yue seems baffled.

"What do you think I am, Shen Yue?"

"Errr..."

"Unless you want it to?" He gave her a semi-wink with matching teasing grin.

"You wish."

"Yep." He moved his eyebrows up and down at her, emphasising his point. His face is red from the liquor.

"You're drunk Didi..."

"No shit, Shen Yue" Didi gave her a lop sided smile.

She blushed. She avoided his penetrating gaze and made her eyes roamed around the room. Xi Ze is snoring soundly, while Kuan had his head resting on his arms on the table, steady breathing meant he is also sound asleep.

Despite the fact that his thoughts right now are 80% driven by alcohol, his awareness of Shen Yue seemed to have doubled, and noticing her discomfort about the situation fuelled his desire to tease her more.

"Come on, Shen Yue, it'll be fun!" He prodded.

"Whatever Wang He Di,"

"Let's tell each other things we don't know about each other."

"Okaaaay?"

"If it lasted 10 seconds and you haven't said any, you take a shot."

"Aren't you too drunk for that Wang He Di?"

"It'll be worth it, Shen Yue."

"Fine, I'll start."

"10...9...8...7...." Didi counted.

"I often cry alone."

"I know that already...my turn."

"10...9...8...7...6..."

"I quit smoking."

"Really?! Good for you! I'm so happy." Shen Yue beamed.

"Whatever, it's not like I did it for you." Didi shot her a meaningful look that made her mind go blank.

She momentarily forgot they are playing a game.

"3...2...1... Aiyo! Shen Yue!" Didi called out.

"Sorry! Sorry!"

"You take a shot." Didi ordered.

"Fine" and she took a swig, winced by the heat the liquor brought to her insides and she started counting again.

"I often listen to love songs...now." Didi said.

"Really? I didn't know you're the type."

"Surprisingly, all of them makes me think of you."

"Oh... even the sad ones?"

"Yes."

"Hmm..."

"Do you think of me, Shen Yue?"

"Are we playing a new game, Wang He Di?" She wanted to lighten up the atmosphere when she noticed Didi being serious all of a sudden.

"I've liked you since Meteor Garden days, did you know that?" Didi said, not answering her question. These past few days seemed weird for both of them. Perhaps because they want things to be discreet, or maybe he hasn't really put it out there, which is what he wants to happen now. He doesn't want to leave anything to chance, knowing Shen Yue, he needs to make sure she is fully aware of his feelings and what it means for both of them.