Chapter 10

After that night of drinking session and 20-Questions in Kuan's room, Didi's relationship with Shen Yue seemed to have improved a lot. They've been consistently greeting each other, she would show him that smile of hers whenever they run into each other, and he would take every chance he can get to get close to her.

Didi recalled the times he would purposely graze his hand on hers when reaching for things in the kitchen or his arm when he would pass by her.

She would give her the look, pretending to be exasperated about all the amount of extra attention she's getting from him.

He is smiling like an idiot just by recalling those simple moments.

He's in the dining area, absentmindedly scanning through previous episodes when he chanced upon the episode where Shen Yue first arrived in the Inn.

How long has it been?

She adjusted so well and even managed to make friends with everyone.

She was promoted to permanent employee and he remembered being so overjoyed just by the thought of spending more time with her here.

Everything seems to progress smoothly and more than a week has already passed after their agreement, but does he really need it?

He's falling for her more...

"Hmmmm"

Kuan heaved a loud sigh, he was instantly reverted to reality.

He looked at his unexpected companion like he's about to smack him in the face.

"What?"

Kuan's eyes were still glued to the screen when he answered him.

"Doesn't it bother you that Kido and Yue seem so close?"

"Why?"

"They seem to get along pretty well, even liking the same things. He was with you in that reality show, right? Is he really like this towards other girls?"

Kuan's words start to sink in and looked at the 45-inch tv again, starting at a scene where Shen Yue and Kido claimed themselves as "book buddies", from then on he would see the two talking separate from the group or over books. He never really thought much about it, but all made fvcking sense.

"Kuan, why are you so much like Hua Ze Lei?"

"Hmmm... because I am "lei"?"

"Why do you always ruin the moment with your stupid jokes?"

Kuan shrugged. "Someone's starting to get jealous."

...

"Who's jealous?" Xi Ze entered the scene carrying a box of vegetables.

"Oh, you went to the market? You should have told me, Xi Ze." Kuan said with a tinge of disappointment.

"It's okay, Kido and Wu Yi-Ge went with me."

"No, I just want to buy something. Tell me next time."

"And here I am thinking you just wanted to help."

"I am a guest, why would I help you?" Kuan said with a deadpan expression.

"Unbelievable." Xi Ze said, shaking his head.

"By the way, are we taking the same flight back to Beijing tomorrow?"

"I am not going to carry your shit for you."

"No, I am just wondering it will be in less than 24hrs and our friend here is mulling over something, should we help him first?"

"Eh?"