Chapter 1

I lived in the basement of my house. My parents didn't want anyone coming into the house and trying to kidnap me because i'm an Omega. The rest of my family are Alphas or Betas. They don't know how i'm an Omega but they protect me dearly. Although I would love to go outside and explore my parents have told me stories and im terrified. So Im happy with staying down here and only talking to my siblings. Until today. I was sitting in the basement finishing my assignments that mom had brought me to do. I was listening to the music that my sister veronica gave me. I sat on my chair swinging my legs back and forth. I was wearing what I always wear a pair of jeans and a t shirt. Today I felt really happy and a worked faster today. I was ripped from my sunshine happiness when my dad came running down the stairs. He looked so scared and worried. He picked me up and rushed me up the stairs. " Lance I need you to listen to me. The outside world isnt that bad." His words made me scared. " The house is under attack and we need to get to safety." We were under attack. Why? I nodded as he ran to the front door but he collapsed. I fell down on top of him.  Blood spread onto the floor. He's been shot. He smiled at me. " Lance im sorry for keeping you down there for so long. You-" He paused as he winced. " You deserve to see the world. I love you Lance. Have a wonderful life." His eyes closed and I got up. Tears filled my eyes and I started crying. He's dead. My dad is dead. I kissed is forehead. 

" I love you too dad." The shooting seemed to die down. I ran upstairs and looked for the rest of my family. My tears welled up even more. More tears fell. I looked in Veronica's room. Dead. Marco's room. Dead. Mom's room. Dead. Luis's room. Almost dead. I ran over to him. " Luis...Luis  your going to be okay Luis. I promise. " I held onto his hand.  He shook his head. 

" Im not going to make it. Lance please live a god life outside this house. There were so many times when I wanted to get you out but I knew you weren't ready for the world. Just know the world is a cruel place but be strong. Bye Lance" The grip he had on my hand loosened and I cried even more. Why? Who would do such a thing? I will do as Luis said. Ill be strong. Ill get stronger. I know I wont be as strong as the rest but I want to be able to protect myself. I sat there my pants having spots of blood on them. I went through all the rooms and took something to remember everyone. Mom's perfume. Veronica's jacket. Marco's notebook. Luis's headphones and last my dad's necklace. I put all the stuff in the backpack and grabbed the gun from my dads side of his bed. I was about to leave when I saw a tall masculine guy standing in the  door way. I pointed the guy at him. I was scared. Im not going down today. He didn't look scared. 

" Please leave. I dont want to die or get hurt please leave." He didn't answer. " I said leave!" 

> Shiro POV< 

I was sitting with Keith my fellow Alpha at work. We were investigators for gang violence and we are the only one in the field because of budget cuts. We got a call that the McLain house had been attacked. Keith decided to stay and finish the paper work from our last case. I put on my amour and ventured out. The McLains were powerful wolves and well known. Even as Omegas they were powerful. I knew they were involved in some stuff but they kept it quiet. They had two sons and one daughter. There are rumors that they have another son but why would they shut out one of their kids their always so proud of them. I've been to their house more than once and ive never seen anything. I pulled up to their house and saw the front door open. I walked up and saw Mr.McLain laying dead on the floor. Their all dead. There was a boy with a bag and a gun. He was shaking and crying. He had blood on his clothes. I deep a deep breath. Hes an Omega. He pointed the gun at me. He wont hurt me. " Please leave. I don't want to die or get hurt please leave." I didn't respond. My wolf wouldn't stop howling. Then it clicked. He's my mate. " I said leave!" He shouted at me. He didnt look scared at this point. Was this the rumored kid? 

" Ok Calm down. I wont hurt you. Do you know what happened here?" He lowered his gun but held onto it. He looked like he wanted to break down in tears. 

" Their dead." He said.

" Your family?" He nodded. I slowly made a step towards him and he flinched. " Hey im not going to hurt you I promise." He nodded again and I walked over to him. He was tall but I was taller. He sniffed the air and shivered. He just had the same realization. He put his gun down and cried. 

" Their dead. Their all dead. And im too scared to go outside. I dont want to be alone." He looked at me like he was begging. 

" Who did this?" I asked. 

" I dont know. Dad carried me out of the room trying to get me to safety but he got shot and died. And Im left here with their dying wishes." He shivered. He was in emotional pain. He dosent know one thing about the outside world. 

" Are you their son?" He nodded.

" They kept me in the basement they said I was too precious for the outside world. Said I was a gift and told me how bad it is out there. So I didn't put up a fight. "

" They kept you in the basement." He looked at the door that had flowers on it.

" They let me decorate as i wished as long a I didn't make a sound while people were over." 

" Can I see?" He opened the door. And walked down the steps. The room was blue and black. Posters and blue paper flowers and lights all over the place. He sat on his bed sad looking. 

" Can I ask you something?" He asked disrupting my gazing. I nod. " Do you feel that too?" I knew what he was  talking about. The longing to hold and touch him. Wanting to know everything about him. To keep him safe. To protect him. 

" Yes" He smiled.

" At least im not the only one. My name is Lance."

" Im Takashi but you can call me Shiro." He smiled at me. A beautiful smile. 

" Thats a pretty name."