Chapter 4

When I woke up Shiro and Keith were cuddle up on both sides of me. I must have fallen asleep before they came into bed. I felt warm in between them. It felt right. usually in bed im cold and cant sleep but with them I feel warm and happy. I laid the with them on the bed listening to their breathing. I smiled and took a breath. " Good morning" I heard from my Left side. I looked over at Shiro and smiled.

" How'd you sleep?" He gave me a small kiss before stretching.

" Passed out as soon as my head hit the pillow.." I smiled.

 " When do you have to go to work?" He looked over at the clock.

 "Half hour. We wake up Keith and get ready." I nodded and kissed Keith's cheek.

" Keith its time to get up" I heard a groan escape from his throat.

" Do I have to?" He said pulling me towards him. 

" Im going to work with you remember." He lifted his head a nodded. 

" Alright." He said getting up. I got up off the bed to get changed into some clothes. I pulled out a shirt and some jeans so I looked civil and not like a loli in public. I walked out of the room with my converse in hand. " What do you want for breakfast?" Keith asks me as I walk past the kitchen.

" Toast please" I said going to sit down on the couch. I pulled the converse onto my feet and yawned. 

" Your going outside today. " Shiro said placing his hand on my shoulder. I nodded.

" Im still tired though."

" You can take a nap when we are done talking with you okay Lance." I nodded as Keith handed me toast. I munched on my toast as Shiro and Keith were talking. I got up and put my plate into the sink. " Alright lets go." I was led to the car. The sun rise was beautiful. I've only seen pictures of it but in person its amazing. 

" Its pretty isn't it?" Keith asked me i nodded. I stood there just staring in awe. " Come on we need to go" I nodded and got into the car. I watched outside of the window as they drove to to their work. They seemed amused at my excitement. They pulled up to the office and brought me in. I looked around to see officers at their desks and other socializing with each other. The guys behind the bars looked scary so I hurried up and walked closer to them feeling a bit safer. We walked into their office space and I sat in the same chair that I did when I was her last time.

" So Lance we are going to ask you a couple of questions."  Shiro said and I nodded. " So tell us from the beginning. What happened?" I took a deep breath and remembered the events. 

" I was sitting in my room listening to music when my dad dad came running down the stairs telling me we need to escape.He picked me up and started running upstairs. I hear faint sounds of gunshots. We were about to escape but dad got shot and the shooting stopped. Why I wasn't hit will be a mystery. After saying good bye to my dad I went upstairs to look for survivors. I found my brother Luis but he was on the verge of death. Other than that I didn't see anything. No people. No guns. Nothing. It stopped after my dad was taken out." They looked perplexed at my statement. 

" So your saying that it just stopped after everyone was taken out." I nodded. " You didn't get a glace of anyone else?"

" I was clinging to my dad. I was too scared to look around." They nodded. 

" We will use you information with the witnesses from around your house. Other than that we have to make a report about you Lance. About how they kept you in the basement." I sighed.

" They were only trying to protect me." I said looking away from them.

" Its still a form of inhuman treatment. There are studies that show if a kid dosent learn so socialize they have lower IQ points and have trouble functioning in society."  I have heard of that study and I tried to use it as a point against my parents but they came back with a more powerful point. I sighed. 

" Fine." I sad simply. 

" Okay so they kept you there for 18 years. Why?" 

" They said it was too keep me safe. I was an Omega I understood." 

" But your family history shows the omegas are exceptionally stronger than the rest. You never asked."

" No they would always make a big deal Cause I was an Omega and not a beta or alpha like my parents. "

" That is weird though. Your parents are of a higher rank than you and yet you still came out as an Omega. Possibly keeping you in the basement only made it worse." I shrugged.

" They told me about the horrible things the other wolves do to Omegas and I felt safer in the basement than anywhere else." 

" Do you know what your family did for a living though?" I gave them a confused look. During the day my dad was home and my mom worked and at night dad would work. What did they do? They never talked about it and I never thought about asking.

" No" I said. Astonished that I knew so little about them and my siblings. They knew about everything I did but I knew nothing about what they did. 

" Your family was apart of a gang. They were usually know for helping the police with investigations and turning in bad people but it was rumored that your parents and sibling were a part or the growth and selling of drugs and murders. We could never prove it though." I sat there shocked. My parents would never hurt a fly. I knew they would go out and help the police sometimes but drugs and murders. 

" So your telling me my parents are not the parents I thought they were." Then it all pieced together. That one line that I heard from my parents years ago made sense today. 

'We cant let them take Lance from us again'