Chapter 20

~Shiro~

I was sitting at my desk. Clues in hand. None of them made sense. The blood. The letter. His shoes found down the street. None of them made sense. My eye lids were so heavy that i think it might make me sleep forever. I heard shouting from the other room. I was too tired to get up. There has been so much yelling around here lately. The gangs are acting up. Druggies are getting less careful. Whats going on though? Its like they want to be caught. Their acting afraid. 

" TAKASHI!" I heard someone yell my name. My head shot up as I saw Lance breathless in the door way. He was hurt. There was dried blood on him and his head was wrapped. 

" Lance" I shot out of my chair and dashed over to him. 

" I love you" He said with the most serious face ive seen him wear.

" I love you too." I paused. " But how did you get here?"

" Long story short I escaped with some help."

" Wait wait you have to tell me everything. Where is the bastard that stole you from us?"

" His current status is dead. His name was Lotor. Son of Zarkon and Hagar." The realization hit me.

" So it was him. I should have known there were way too many white hairs around the house for it to be the couple times your friend came over. Wait hes dead how?" Lance looked down at him feet. 

" I.... I ...uh shot him." I grabbed onto his shoulder.

" WHY!?"He looked up at me with fear.I felt him tense. But that soon went away. 

" HE WAS MAKING FUN OF YOU TWO! HE WAS MAKING FUN OF ME! HE HURT ME!!!!" He shouted. I have never heard him shout like this. " He said i was pitiful and you two didn't love me. He said that I was a curse to you guys since the day I was born. He said the runt of the pack should never deserve life." He started to cry.  I pulled him into my chest.

" You are none of those things okay. Your a blessing to everyone you meet."

" He deserved everything that came to him. He was so sweet at first but then I wanted to go home and he became violent. He wasn't the kid i was friends with all those years ago."

" Lance its great that you got out but you killed someone. " 

" He didn't do it. I did. Hes just protecting me." I looked behind Lance to see his friend. " Im the one who kidnapped him. I was going to get my father back but Lotor went back on the deal and well I helped Lance escape."

" Allura no"

" Lance stop covering for me. When you were shaking in fear I couldn't have just stood there. I had to do something. Mark this as my confession. I killed Lotor with this gun." She pulled out a gun and placed it on the table next to me. " My prints are on it and it matches the bullet that was put into his neck. " I was in shock. Who really did it?

" We will have to investigate more."

" I did it officer arrest me. I saved the one you love but I broke the law. " She seemed very serious. 

" Allura please dont do this."

" I owe my life to you Lance." I put the cuffs on her.

" You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be held against you from this point onward." I said. She smiled at lance and looked at me. 

" I killed Lotor." I dragged her away and put her into a room. We need to get more information out of her. I walked back to Lance.

" Did she really do it?" Lance looked sad. 

" Can I please talk to her please?" He asked. I nodded and brought him to the room. He closed the door as he walked in. I wanted to watch but should I give them privacy. 

~ Lance~

Allura stood up as soon as I entered. 

" Lance what are you doing?"

" I should ask you the same question. Why are you taking the fall? You didnt do it."

" And yet you have only been able to experience so little. Ive had my life full of stupid mistakes and things i can never take back."

" But im the one who pulled the trigger."

" NO! I am the one who did. My prints are on the gun and the body. I was the one who stood in front of you and shot him. I was the one who also helped kidnap you. I did it Lance." She seemed persistent. She wasn't going to give up on this. 

" Are you sure?" I asked her for the last time.

" Of course Lance." I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her. 

" Ill visit you."

" I was hoping you would." I let go and leave the room. Shiro was standing in front of the mirror.

" You heard us didn't you." He looked at me. 

" You were just protecting her. Why lie about that?"

" Cause she did it."  I said. It made me very upset though. She was my first friend. Shiro escorted me to his desk and I sat there hugging my knees. Keith and Shiro wouldn't let me out of their sight. Maybe for different reasons but that didnt matter to me. 

" Lance you spent three days in there. Are you hungry? Thirsty?" Keith asked putting his hand on my shoulder.

" Some water will be fine." Keith nodded and walked out of the room. Shiro was sitting across from me keeping tabs on what was brought in but also on me. 

" Lance there is nothing tying you to the scene except your blood on the wall of a room."

" That's where he threw me into the wall." I mumbled but Shiro still heard me. 

" Why would he do that? Didn't he say he care a great amount about you."

" He did but I kept refusing saying that I wanted to go home and that wasn't my home. So then he threw me against the wall and put me in a cage."

" Wow that's messed up."

" Yeah well he fucked with my head too."

" Lance watch your mouth." I rolled my eyes a bit.

" Its true. No other way to describe it." 

" Other than that Lance. Your innocent. Your story checks out and so does her's. Lets get you home." Shiro stood up from his chair and Keith came in with a bottle of water. " Keith your in charge. Im going to get him home." Keith pouted but nodded and handed me the water.

" Please eat something" I nodded and followed Shiro out of the building. I sat in the back seat. The car ride was silent. What was supposed to be said after you came home from being kidnapped anyway?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                              !!!!!!!!!!!!!Please read this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I love you all but i have some bad news. The next chapter is the last chapter. I wanted to end it where you can imagine it the way you want. But anyway you guys are amazing and I hope you stick around - Winter