Chapter 1

A/N: Here it is. You asked for it and here it is. The sequel to Beautiful When You Don't Try.

I have to send huge thank yous out to everyone who continued to read the story and send me comments and messages. THANK YOU.

But alright... enjoy chapter one.

~/~/~/~

"It's too small," Camila stated, turning in circles with Madeline on her hip.

"Too small? It has five bedrooms." Lauren reminded her, walking around the living room.

"Five small bedrooms and a narrow living area. We have two energetic four-year-olds and a one-year-old who is starting to think that she can keep up. Not to mention a seventeen-year-old who is going to want a room that will fit more than just her bed in it. We need more space."

The raven-haired took in a deep breath. "More space means more money. And in Manhattan, that more money can mean hundreds of thousands of dollars if not millions."

"You're exaggerating." Lauren arched an eyebrow, challenging her wife but Camila ignored it. "I'm going back to work. We can manage mortgage payments for a slightly larger house. And you were asked to show some of your work in a gallery and do some lectures in London. That will help... I know that look. What are you thinking?"

Lauren's show of conviction faded and she shyly ran her fingers along the kitchen countertop she had come to rest by at the end of their tour of the potential new place. "I'm not sure if I want to go to London."

Camila dropped her brow. "You were thrilled about it just last week."

"That's because it was cool. But now that the thought of it has really sunk in... I don't think I can leave this cutie for two whole weeks." She cooed as she approached her daughter in her wife's arms and lightly tickled her sides. Lauren's heart melted at the sound of her laughter. It was so much like Camila's with its musical quality. Lauren's heart melted more when Madeline stopped and rested her head on Camila's shoulder, looking up at them with a full smile. "I can't go."

"You can and you will." Camila wasn't having any of it. She didn't want Lauren to go, but she knew this was something that her wife was really wanting to do.

"Are you trying to get rid of me?"

"I thought that was obvious. I mean, how often do I get the opportunity to invite my girlfriend over for a quick fling? I have to sneak it in there before Michelle comes too."

"Ah! But Michelle is coming before I would leave, so your affair is once again ruined."

"Damn. Maybe one day I'll actually get to cheat on you."

"So..."

"You're going. Either that or I'm kicking you out of the house for two weeks. Therefore, you wouldn't see the children or me for the same amount of time and accomplishing nothing in the process. So, pick your poison. Also, we still need more space."

Camila quickly pecked Lauren's lips and vanished from the room. Lauren turned to look at the confused relator with as much of a belated smile as she could manage while her lips were mashed between her teeth. "The boss has spoken. We need more space."

"Near a park!"

The raven-haired turned to face the direction her wife exited from and then back to the realtor who stood silently with an arched eyebrow. "Near a park would be preferable." Lauren gave the woman one more nervous smile before walking out of the kitchen with as much dignity as she could, catching up to Camila as she walked out of the front door. "So we need a park now?"