Chapter 19

The day was winding down when Adrianne yawned for the third time in 15 minutes, earning her an annoyed glare from Lauren. Lauren was at her desk writing down some notes for an idea she had but took the time to glare until Adrianne noticed.

The brunette scoffed and threw a paperclip at the other woman. "Shut up. I stayed up late last night so you wouldn't have to. I'm allowed to yawn." Adrianne argued as she kicked her feet up on her desk and covered her mouth when she yawned once more. This time Lauren followed suit even though she tried to hide it.

"I still have at least another hour of work left though and you're a bad influence."

"Eh, whatever. You'll survive." Adrianne's eyes were fixed outside of their office. From her position at her desk, she had a clear shot of the whole studio to include the workstation at the far end. She watched as Michelle sat on the station desk and socialized with a young female model that had been hanging around for the last hour despite the end of the shoot. "So... Michelle came back to the studio late last night to talk to me a little bit."

"Yeah. I know." Lauren answered plainly as her attention was back to her paperwork. She missed the questioning look her partner gave her.

"You know?"

"Mhm."

Adrianne shifted her eyes between Lauren and the teenager making conversation with a particularly attractive young female. "Are... you...sure?"

The hesitation drew Lauren's attention completely this time and she removed her glasses. "Yes. She said she went to talk to you at the studio after the restaurant and that you called her a cab. She apologized to Camila and I this morning for not being more mindful of our thoughts and concerns. She also said that you jumped her ass about it and that she would work on it."

Adrianne slowly nodded her head as she bounced her pen between her thumb and index finger, unsure of where to go with the conversation from here. Kim would tell her to butt out of it and just let it be, but... "But did she tell you what we talked about?"

The two women stared at each other, slowly communicating without words. Lauren was getting on the same page now and leaned back in her chair, waiting for this new information. "No. She didn't go into any detail. I figured it was photography related but judging by the look on your face, I'm clearly wrong."

Adrianne screwed her eyes tightly shut and then flung them wide open. "Very wrong. So very wrong."

Lauren waited but Adrianne didn't continue on her own. "Was this discussion meant to be secret?"

The brunette thought about it carefully and shook her head. "No. Primarily, she was just looking to talk about you. She wants to get to know you more and how to go about accomplishing that."

"Okay... Is there more to this because that is pretty standard."

"Well, there was some information bargaining involved. She had to share something with me for the exchange. Anything she wanted. I didn't ask anything specific."

Lauren was beginning to lose her patience as the conversation was going nowhere quickly despite having a clearly defined ending to Adrianne. "And I'm assuming you feel that this is information I should know about?"

Adrianne puckered her lips and nodded very slowly.

"You're subtleties suck by the way. Just tell me what it is." Adrianne pointed out towards Michelle and waited for Lauren to catch on. Lauren looked to her daughter and then back to Adrianne at a loss. Adrianne pointed out again. "Adrianne, I'm not getting it. You're pointing isn't doing anything for me. All I see is Michelle sitting out there talking."