Chapter 15

Camila inhaled deeply as her sleep broke. She could tell it was still early without even opening her eyes. The house was silent and the sun hadn't begun to invade their room yet, but here she was waking up on her own. Slowly, she opened her eyes further and looked around. She was still laying where she had fallen asleep on her side, facing away from her wife but the comfort of her presence was still there. The brunette turned slowly to look at the other woman. Lauren was still dressed and sleeping on her back.

She was beautiful, Camila thought to herself as she looked her over. Lauren's hair was shoulder length but messy and twisted, falling haphazardly over her forehead. Camila lifted a hand a trailed a finger against her skin, brushing the strands of hair back in place. Under the touch, she saw Lauren's chest rise with a deeper breath of air. Lauren had always been a lighter sleeper, especially after the kids were born. Absentmindedly, Camila continued her lingering touch, outlining the photographer's strong jawline before moving down to the curve of her neck to the collar of her shirt and back up again.

"Lo?" Her voice was barely above a whisper. "Are you awake?"

The raven-haired mumbled a light response but didn't open her eyes or move. Camila stopped her lingering touch and hooked her index and middle finger behind her jaw before leaning forward and placing a gentle kiss on her lips. Lauren's eyes fluttered and settled on a sleepy squint.

Camila was only a few inches from her face, still holding her. "Good morning."

"Is it morning?" Lauren's voice was rough and cracked with sleep.

The brunette pondered the question for a second before smiling and kissing her wife again. "It is if you're up for it." This time Lauren mirrored her smile and accepted the third kiss, returning the connection between them. "Then a good morning it is."

Camila released Lauren's face and lifted the sheet draped over both of them and moved to position herself to straddle the photographer. Instinctively, Lauren's hands found their way to Camila's bare thighs. The soft skin was amazing under her touch, smooth and irresistible and addicting. It was something Lauren always had to fight from the moment they first got together all those years ago. She would always need that contact. Again the two kissed. This one more passionate than the last and it melded into the next and the next.

Wasting no time, Camila broke from their kiss, sat up, and pulled her white tank top over her head, discarding it across the room and exposing her still perfect breasts. They had been unaffected by motherhood except for a slight increase in size which neither woman minded. Eagerly, Lauren tried to sit up to catch Camila's lips with her own but she was forcibly pushed back down to the mattress. Camila was in charge at the moment and the intense stare she used to hold Lauren's attention left no room for debate. To fill her need for control, Lauren began to massage her upper thighs in desire while Camila continued her domineering gaze and draped her dark tresses over one shoulder before finally lowering herself down into another deep kiss, their tongues wrestling for dominance.

One had rested on the mattress next to Lauren's head for support while the other traced down the photographer's neck to her collar bone and then to the buttons on the blouse she had fallen asleep in. With expert precision, Camila began to unbutton each clasp with a single hand, fumbling only when Lauren's hands moved from her things to her breasts and squeezed firmly.

A low moan escaped the back of the singer's throat and was swallowed by Lauren who was desperately attempting to leverage her hips to reverse their positions to place Camila on the bottom, but the brunette wasn't having it. She abandoned the buttons and took hold of Lauren's wrists, moving to hold them to the mattress on each side of her head. Lauren moaned in defeat and fisted the sheets in frustration, but allowed Camila to return her attention to disrobing her.