Chapter 2

A/N: Firstly, holy crap. You guys... the response has been insane and I can not tell you how much it has made me smile over the last few days.

Onto characters... this verse will always have that underlying theme of love, true love, and understanding of oneself and others, but this particular story is getting into the nitty-gritty aspect of family and how it affects people, how each character has to work to hold on to what they have. But we are not going all angsty on you, I promise. There will be more Normani in this story and a huge storyline for Michelle as well, each just has it's own time. So as the story progresses, you will get more of everyone.

I think that was most of the questions asked so I'll shut up now and let you get to the long second chapter. Thank you all for reading and the comments/likes. I hope you enjoy.

~/~/~/~

"Hi," Lauren called out lightly to Adrianne who was on the phone as she entered their joint office. The brunette waved in greeting and continued on with her call, leaving Lauren to settle down for the morning. She dropped her bag and grabbed the note of reminders that Kim placed on her desk every evening before heading home herself. The assistant was the first one in and the last one out every day, catering to each of the photographer's needs. With Adrianne, that meant leaving home at home and work at work. With Lauren, that meant reminders for both.

With one more quick glance to Adrianne who was going over her calendar with the person on the phone still, the raven-haired snuck out and towards Kim's central office which doubled as the group's daycare area. She tapped on the window and waited until she was motioned to enter. Kim was sitting on the floor leaning against the back wall with her legs stretched out in front of her, crossed at the ankles, while Aubrey was showing her something she had drawn. When they remodeled the studio, they had installed continuous windows starting at waist level on every wall of the assistant's office, including the shared wall with the photographer's office so Kim could easily get their attention when needed and give her a 360 degree view of the studio so she knew what was going on at a single glance.

"I think she has the creative touch." The photographer remarked as she took a seat leaning against the desk as the assistant praised her daughter's work.

"I think you are right."

An awkward silence suddenly filled the air between them. Kim knew that Adrianne had been turning to Lauren for support after each failed in vitro session and this last one was no exception. But she didn't want the attention it was going to bring her. She didn't want any more 'I'm sorries' or 'it will happen'. She just wanted to move on with her life. Thankfully Lauren understood this. She had dealt with the same emotions when Camila had struggled to get pregnant. "I thought that Adrianne was supposed to be off today." She added, breaking the silence. Kim lifted her eyes to her boss with a dropped brow. The raven-haired pointed through the window behind the seated brunette towards the office again. "She's in there on the phone."

"Oh, right. Sorry. We are looking for a bigger place." She trailed off gently, looking back to her daughter who called out to her to look at another drawing. "The loft is getting a little cramped and another room would be nice to have when everything finally does work out, you know?"

"Of course." She nodded and the strangling silence set back in. "Oh, um. Camila has the kids today. Or for at least this morning. She might stop by for lunch but she did say something about meeting up with Mom."

"Well, then it will be just the two of us by our lonesome then. Adrianne is taking Aubrey with her when she heads out."

Lauren's head perked up playfully. "And what will we do with a studio that is nearly empty?"