Chapter 20

A/N: Here is the next chapter. Things that we will be getting to in the next several chapters are the vacation, Michelle's time with Ariana (interesting stuff there), some Adrianne and Kim, and a setting up of Lauren's sister's visit, all with some little tidbits of all the other stuff going on.

~/~/~/~

"Don't. Move." The demand was followed by smiles and light giggles from both women and Camila snuggled closer to her wife. Last night had been wonderful and exactly what they had needed. She didn't know if it was the decision for them to take some time off together or simply Lauren beginning to realize what it was she had been missing, but whatever had shifted, Camila could tell it was going to be a really good thing. With an arm dropped around Lauren's naked body, she melted into the moment just as she had last night. "Do you remember when we used to be able to do this all day?"

Lauren's fingers danced up and down Camila's arm, taking in the cool, smooth skin. "Do you remember... that time we visited your parents for the holidays before the boys were born? How that big storm hit and knocked out the power on the whole block for hours? It was so cold and there was no way to heat the house."

The brunette smiled at the memory and pulled herself a little closer. "I do. It was the world's best excuse to spend all day in bed under covers."

"It may have been cold everywhere but in our bedroom. I think we ended up creating enough heat that day we actually ditched all the blankets, didn't we?"

Camila covered her mouth as she laughed, trying to keep from waking up the rest of the house. She wanted to enjoy this moment as long as she could. "All but one. You were paranoid that somehow Mom or Dad would barge in the door, despite it being locked, so you wanted to stay covered."

She huffed a laugh. Things had really changed since then. "But what I remember most... was just laying there all day, doing whatever we wanted whenever we could manage the energy."

"What about the quick trips to the kitchen for sustenance hoping they didn't figure out that we were naked under the blankets we were wrapped in?"

Lauren laced her fingers with her wife's and smiled at the connection. "I miss those days. They were my favorite days."

"Mine too. And while I love our life now and wouldn't trade it for anything, it's really hard to enjoy this moment knowing that any minute Maddy's going to start fussing or the boys are going to come crashing through the door and hogging the bed."

Lauren groaned and turned into her wife, hiding her face in her dark locks. "But I don't want to share."

"You say this as if it is something I don't already know."

"Just reminding you in case you forgot. Oh, speaking of forgetting. You distracted me last night so I forgot to tell you that I spoke with Michelle about our vacation and she's going to take the opportunity to tell Ariana everything."

"Oh, I distracted you. I see how you're going to play this one." Camila teased and tried to roll out of bed. Lauren quickly wrapped her arms around her waist.

"Nope. You can't go. This is our favorite. You can't give up your favorite." Camila laughed and playfully pulled against her. While the two wrestled, Lauren stole little kisses on any available skin until she met Camila's lips in a passionate embrace. The brunette instantly stopped fighting and cupped her wife's face and pulled her in again.

"One more?" Lauren asked trailing kisses down to Camila's neck and nipping lightly before soothing the red mark with another kiss.

Camila's eyes rolled to the back of her head and her body instinctively arched up into her lover. This really was just like the old days. "You know as soon as we start the boys will be in here."