Chapter 4

A/N: We are jumping into the Michelle addition to the family. Nothing overly deep yet. Just something to highlight their situation in a more realistic manner. That is what the original Author changing about the verse with the sequel. She wants it to be a bit more realistic. There will be plenty of fluff though. Don't you worry. We will still keep it a good balance of everything.

Okay, so I'm going to stop rambling now and let you get to the chapter. But thank you, everyone, for reading and especially those of you who comment. It is motivation like no other. Thank you and enjoy.

~/~/~/~

"Lauren! She's here." Camila called out as she stood on her tiptoes to lean over the stack of boxes in their new living room, trying to peer out of the front window as she saw Michelle pull up in her car. She waited and waited as the sound of her wife's descending footsteps grew louder. The raven-haired had just taken another box up to their bedroom on the third floor and now seemed to be taking forever to get back down. If nothing else, this new house was going to keep them in shape.

Finally, Lauren stepped off the last stair and gave an exhausted sigh to her smiling wife before starting once again out to the front door and down their five steps.

"Holy crap. It's huge." Michelle stated as she stepped out of her parked car in front of Camila and Lauren's new home and took off her sunglasses to look up at the towering building. Not only had Michelle arrived after the long car ride from Miami to move in with the family, but the family was also moving out of their apartment as well. It was best that way, or so Lauren had thought. That way it was their house as a whole. Not hers and Camila's and Michelle was just coming to live in it for a while. They would all be there from day one, as a family.

"It's what we needed... or so Camila says," Lauren explained, looking up to the three-story, brick-faced townhome as she came to a stop next to her awestruck daughter.

"How many bedrooms?"

"Four."

"Bathrooms?"

"Five."

Michelle dropped her brow and looked at her mother. "Why are there more bathrooms than bedrooms?"

Lauren shrugged her shoulders. "Beats the hell out of me."

"Alright... next question. Which room is mine?"

"How about I get a hug first?"

Michelle looked at her funny, momentarily stunned. "Did I not do that already?" Lauren shook her head. "Oh my God. I'm so sorry." She embraced her mother warmly, pulling her closer by the arms around her neck. "I was so overwhelmed by the mansion you bought. I'm such a horrible daughter."

"Oh, I wouldn't go that far." The raven-haired said lightly with a smile, just loving the feeling of her eldest child being in her arms again. They hadn't seen each other for almost a year now since Michelle had been so focused on school and preparing for the move. Lauren was hoping this time they could really let their relationship bloom.

"That's because you're nice."

Lauren smiled as they separated, running her hand over her daughter's hair, never getting enough of her. "No, that's because I'm your mother."

"And there's no denying that," Camila stated, pulling both girls' attention to her as she walked out of the house and down the stairs with open arms, demanding her hug. "You two look identical. You always have, but so much more now that you're getting older." She said, wrapping her arms around Michelle's neck. She couldn't help but think of how strange it was to be hugged by Lauren at the age of seventeen while she looked at the thirty-three-year-old version of her as she did it. The only difference was the hair, with Michelle's being slightly darker. "If I call you Lauren, I apologize ahead of time."