Chapter 36

Extremely late, but it's a post.

Its a little late to say this but I do it anyway,😜, I hope the beginning of the year is going well for all my sweet readers and I wish you all the best for 2020!! xxxx

-/-/-/-/-/-

Nikki stayed silent the entire ride to Ariana's, her mind racing a hundred miles an hour. What was happening? Was Ariana going to be there? What did she need to get? Was this just one night?

"She won't do anything," Camila announced as she pulled into the driveway behind Ariana's car, almost as if she had been reading her thoughts. Nikki turned to look at her, unbuckling her seat belt instinctively. "Ariana. She won't do anything. And if she tries, I'll handle it. Okay?"

Nikki didn't answer beyond nodding her head. She could barely breathe at the moment.

As the pair walked up to the door, Camila suddenly second-guessed herself. They had Michelle's key. Did she use it or did she knock? If she just went in, would that piss Ariana off? Would that even matter? Camila mumbled to herself, "fuck it" and walked straight into the house.

Ariana was in the living room watching tv causing the actresses to stop in the foyer, looking right at her until she motioned for Nikki to head upstairs. The two older brunettes spent the time staring at each other, both very aware of what was taking place with Michelle.

"I'm surprised to see you here again," Ariana remarked, turning her attention back to her movie. "Maybe I shouldn't be though."

Camila crossed her arms and took a single step closer to the living room. "Michelle doesn't want to see you so someone had to help Nikki get their stuff."

"So, now you're kidnapping?"

"If you feel like pressing charges feel free to call Zayn. I'm sure he'd love to hear how you've turned your back on his daughter?"

"Turned my back?" Ariana huffed a laugh, dismissing Camila further by not even turning to look at her as they spoke. "I didn't turn my back on her. I gave her exactly what she wanted. Freedom. To be treated like an adult. She told him she wants the same thing from him so I'm sure he will be more than understanding."

"Freedom? By emotionally abandoning her." Camila clarified taking another step into the room.

"What is with you and that word?" Ariana slapped her hands down on her thighs and finally turned roughly to face her birth daughter.

"Because that's what you're doing."

"You're projecting."

"You're downplaying."

"Abandoning her? No. No, I'm not. I am giving her what she wants which is what I have always done." The older woman's voice raised as she stood and slowly closed the distance between them. "I have always given her everything she wanted. I have followed every passion, every talent, every hobby she showed the slightest bit of interest in. I have bought every birthday present she has ever wanted. I let her meet Lauren and spend time with her. I let her graduate early and move to fucking New York City to live with you. I have tried to deal with her behavioral issues myself and with professionals. I have tried to handle her rebelling the best I could. And now, I don't have the authority anymore. She's done being parented. She wants the freedom to do what she wants, so now she can. I'm letting her do that as well."

Camila stood there shaking her head and let the tension fall from her shoulders. "You make it sound like some grand gesture of love and affection that you should be praised and awarded for but all you've done is described what it is to be a parent. And don't even try me about Michelle's behavior. If she was that troubled of a kid, I would have seen it by now. And what I have seen, is just normal teenager stuff. So stop trying to manipulate the facts to fit your narrative."